The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine will arrive in Malaysia on 26 February 2021!
Here is what you need to know about the initial vaccination plan using the Pfizer BNT162b2 vaccine!
Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
Malaysia is scheduled to receive 1 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech BNT162b2 vaccine in Q1, 2021.
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination Plan In Malaysia
According to the Director General of Health, Tan Sri Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah, the vaccines will be distributed to all states and federal territories over 1-2 weeks, before they are administered.
The first vaccinations using the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine should therefore begin in early March 2021.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health plans to vaccinate frontliners, particularly healthcare workers, in the first phase.
When the vaccination program is opened up to the public, the public will be asked to register via the MySejahtera app.
Pfizer BNT162b2 COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer
The Pfizer BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccine is an mRNA-based vaccine designed by BioNTech.
Unlike more traditional methods of using dead particles, or attenuated viruses, the mRNA vaccine teaches your cells to create proteins that mimic the SARS-CoV-2 virus, thereby triggering an immune response.
Recommended : Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
The Pfizer vaccine requires extreme refrigeration, which greatly complicates logistics :
- Every Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine thermal shipping box contains between 1,000 and 5,000 doses.
- Every shipping box is packed with specially-formulated dry ice, to last for up to 10 days, or 15 days if kept refilled with dry ice.
- When stored in special ultra-low temperature freezers at -70°C or lower, it will last up to 6 months.
- When stored in standard freezers (commonly used in hospitals) at 2-8°C, it will last up to 5 days.
Hence, vaccination using the Pfizer vaccine is likely to occur only in select government hospitals in major cities.
- 791 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 1 February 2021
- Malaysia MCO / PKP Extended To 18 Feb 2021!
- 52 Stricter MCO Rules For 6 Months : Just Another Hoax!
- Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall : Another COVID-19 Case!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 29 January 2021
- Business Hours Extended, Night Markets + Logging Allowed!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Closed After One COVID-19 Case!
- Stellar Putrajaya Temporarily Closes Due To MCO 2.0
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana : One COVID-19 Case Today!
- Jaya Grocer Empire Subang : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Poh Huat Factories Closed With 543 COVID-19 Cases!
- Equatorial Penang Will Close Down In March 2021
- Eateries + Restaurants In MCO Areas Can Open Till 10 PM!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!