The government of Malaysia just announced the reopening of international borders on 1 April 2022!
Here is what you need to know!
Malaysia To Reopen Borders On 1 April 2022!
On 3 March 2022, the Minister of Defence announced that the 13th Quartet Meeting has agreed in principle to reopen all national borders, based on three basic objectives:
- to ensure smooth journeys for travellers,
- based on science and the latest facts on COVID-19, and
- comparing border reopening requirements with other countries.
This decision was made after the Ministry of Health had a meeting with other ministries and agencies on reopening the borders on Saturday, 26 February 2022.
On 8 March 2022, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Ismail Sabri Yaacob, announced that Malaysia will reopen all international borders on 1 April 2022.
Based on that decision in principle, the Ministry of Health and all relevant ministries and agencies will finalise the protocols for pre-departure and arrival in Malaysia.
But here is what the Prime Minister announced so far :
- All Malaysian citizens can travel freely internationally, as long as they have valid travel documents.
- All foreigners with valid travel documents can freely travel in and out of Malaysia, without apply for MyTravelPass, which will be abolished.
- All travellers have to activate MySejahtera, and fill in the Pre-Departure Form using the Traveller option in MySejahtera.
- All travellers who are fully-vaccinated with two doses of COVID-19 vaccine do not need to undergo any quarantine.
- However, travellers must show a negative RT-PCR test taken within 2 days before departure.
- In addition, travellers must undergo a professionally-administered RTK-Ag test within 24 hours of arrival in Malaysia, and report the results in MySejahtera.
More Malaysia VTL Options In Addition To Reopening Borders
In addition, the government announced that they are looking at expanding the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) scheme that allows for quarantine-free travel.
Currently, the VTL scheme is limited to Singapore, but the Prime Minister has announced that two more VTL schemes will soon be implemented :
- Malaysia-Thailand VTL,
- Malaysia-Brunei VTL, and
The government is also looking at other countries to add to the VTL scheme.
- Malaysia Will Reopen + Move Towards Endemic COVID-19!
- Will Russian Sanctions Bankrupt Airbus + Leasing Companies?
- Did China Use Hot Drinks + Steam To Kill COVID-19?!
- Did NATO Promise Russia Not To Expand To The East?
- Malaysia-Singapore Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) Guide!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!