Malaysia is set to reopen nationwide, as it moves towards COVID-19 endemicity!
Here is what you need to know…
Malaysia To Reopen + Move Towards COVID-19 Endemicity!
On 8 March 2022, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Ismail Sabri Yaacob, announced that Malaysia will reopen and move towards COVID-19 endemicity.
Here are the new changes that will come into effect on Friday, 1 April 2022 :
- It is still mandatory to wear face masks in public.
- Restrictions on business operating hours are eliminated. Businesses can operate as long as they wish, or are licensed for. 24 hours eateries, for example, can now open 24 hours.
- Logging in using MySejahtera is still mandatory, except for open spaces that are not crowded or do not have gatherings.
- Using MySJ Trace is mandatory for indoor areas that are filled with people.
- The Federal Government will allow people to undertake religious activities without physical distancing. Each state will determine if they will adopt this recommendation, or still insist on physical distancing.
- Employee / staff attendance based on vaccination rate is abolished.
- All individuals are allowed to travel interstate, irrespective of vaccination status.
- All employees / staff will be allowed to work, irrespective of vaccination status.
- The 50% limit on venue capacity for group activities / gatherings (for example, wedding dinners) is abolished. However, there should be reasonable physical distancing.
- International borders is reopened completely. All Malaysian citizens can travel freely internationally, as long as they have valid travel documents.
- All foreigners with valid travel documents can freely travel in and out of Malaysia, without apply for MyTravelPass, which will be abolished. They just have to activate MySejahtera, and fill in the Pre-Departure Form using the Traveller option in MySejahtera.
- Travellers who are fully-vaccinated with two doses of COVID-19 vaccine do not need to undergo any quarantine, but only need to have a negative RT-PCR test within 2 days before departure, and a professionally-administered RTK-Ag test within 24 hours of arrival in Malaysia.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Will Russian Sanctions Bankrupt Airbus + Leasing Companies?
- Did China Use Hot Drinks + Steam To Kill COVID-19?!
- Did NATO Promise Russia Not To Expand To The East?
- Malaysia-Singapore Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) Guide!
- Full List of Walk-In PICKids Vaccination Centres for Kids!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!