Malaysia will start implementing the RMCO (Recovery Movement Control Order) on 10 June 2020, liberalising even more of the economy and personal freedom.
Here is a quick primer on RMCO, and what is allowed and not allowed during the RMCO!
RMCO : Recovery Movement Control Order
At 3 PM on 7 June 2020, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tan Sri Dato’ Haji Muhyiddin Yassin announced that Malaysia will transition to the RMCO.
The RMCO, short for Recovery Movement Control Order (Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan Pemulihan in Malay), is the third phase of the Movement Control Order.
Scheduled to last from 10 June 2020 until 31 August 2020, it will further liberalise the Malaysian economy, on top of what the CMCO (Conditional Movement Control Order) introduced earlier.
Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed?
Here is a quick summary of what the Prime Minister announced will be allowed during the RMCO. We will update it when MKN releases the full list.
- Interstate travel will be permitted, except to areas under Enhanced MCO (EMCO) or administrative restrictions.
- Barbers and hair salons are allowed to reopen, subject to SOP.
- Beauty parlours and nail salons are allowed to reopen, subject to SOP.
- Museums are allowed to reopen.
- Busking (indoor) and filming activities will be allowed.
- Meetings and workshops will be allowed.
- Morning / evening / night markets are allowed.
- Hawker stalls are allowed.
- Recreational fishing and commercial fisheries will be allowed.
- Gyms and snooker halls will be allowed.
- Non-contact sports like bowling, badminton, archery and shooting will be allowed.
- Outdoor group sports like kayaking and cycling will be allowed.
- Indoor sports like snooker, yoga, aerobics will be allowed.
- Malaysia’s borders remain closed, but local tourism will be allowed.
- Religious activities, like Hari Raya Aidiladha celebrations, will be allowed, subject to JAKIM’s SOP
- Schools will be reopened in stages throughout the RMCO, based on advice from the Ministry of Education.
- Places of worship will be allowed to reopen, subject to SOP
- Normal business operating hours to resume, with social distancing, hand washing, face masks.
Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is NOT Allowed?
Here is a quick summary of what the Prime Minister announced will NOT be allowed during the RMCO. We will update it when MKN releases the full list.
- Commercial activities not conducted within business premises are NOT allowed.
- Sporting events in stadiums are NOT allowed.
- Public swimming pools are NOT allowed to reopen.
- Contact sports like football, basketball, rugby are NOT allowed.
- Pubs, night clubs, entertainment outlets, reflexology and karaoke centres are NOT allowed to reopen.
- Theme parks are NOT allowed to reopen.
- Kenduris, open houses, religious processions and other activities involving crowds are NOT allowed.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- RMCO Update : Gyms, Yoga, Snooker, Etc. To Reopen!
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : Two Areas In Banting Locked Down!
- KL Motorcycle Road Bullies With Fake Plates?
- 99 Speedmart COVID-19 Sudden Death Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Pos Malaysia : No Bonus Scam Exposed!
- Car Catching Fire From Hand Sanitiser Hoax Debunked!
- The Multi-Coloured Rosary Of Mother Teresa Hoax Debunked!
- Watch : Malaysian Police Fired TWICE To Disable Car!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
- CMCO in Malaysia Extended To 9 June + No Raya Travel!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : PJ Old Town Locked Down!
- Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : Chow Kit Locked Down!
- Fact Check : Chinese Man Attacked Over COVID-19 Racism!
- Bank Negara Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : What Changed?
- Fact Check : UNHCR Driving Licence For Malaysia
- Activities Forbidden In Malaysia During Economic Reopening!
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment
- Trump Gang Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- How To Open A Pre-Cut Coconut, The Easy Way!
- How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During COVID-19 MCO
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Doctor Died Taking Hydroxychloroquine To Prevent COVID-19
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- New COVID-19 Clusters Show The Danger Of Social Contact!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!