The Malaysia Ministry of Education just announced that all schools will reopen in March and April 2021.
Here are the details of the reopening of schools in Malaysia!
All Schools In Malaysia To Reopen In March / April 2021!
On 19 February 2021, the Minister of Education, Datuk Dr. Radzi Jidin announced that all schools will reopen in March 2021 :
- Preschool / Standard 1 / Standard 2 : 1 March 2021
- Standard 3 until Standard 6 : 8 March 2021
- Group A Secondary Schools : 4 April 2021
- Group B Secondary Schools : 5 April 2021
- Vocational Colleges : 1 March 2021
- Private Schools : Same dates as public schools
- International Schools : 8 March 2021
- Private Education Centres, Tuition Centres : 8 March 2021
* Group A are the states of Johor, Kedah, Kelantan and Terengganu
** Group B are all the other states and federal territories.
Dr. Radzi explained that the younger children are being asked to return to school one week earlier, to prepare them on how to comply with the SOP.
He also explained that the reopening of secondary schools are being delayed to April 2021, to allow for SPM examinations to be carried out in safer conditions.
All schools must comply with the SOP, to ensure the safety of both students and teachers. Even for schools that are not registered with KPM are being asked to follow the same dates.
The Minister also pointed out that schools will be asked to ensure adequate distancing when parents drop off and pick up their children.
Reopening Of Schools In Malaysia Before Vaccination?
We have to wonder why the Malaysia Ministry of Education decided to reopen schools in Malaysia, before the COVID-19 vaccination programme kicks off.
We would have expected them to at least wait until the teachers were vaccinated, before reopening the schools.
The third phase, which would include all public and private teachers, would have kicked off in May 2021.
Recommended : Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 15 February 2021 Edition
- 1043 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 19 February 2021
- IKEA Cheras : Multiple Staff + Partners Positive For COVID-19!
- MCO U-Turn : No More Limit Of 2 Persons Per Table / Car!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Another COVID-19 Case!
- 10 KM Limit Lifted, But No Interstate / Inter-District Travel!
- MCO / CMCO / RMCO : Extended To 4 March 2021!
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!