Malaysia has conditionally approved the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, manufactured by Siam Bioscience in Thailand!
Find out this means for the COVID-19 vaccination program in Malaysia!
Malaysia Approves AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine By Siam Bioscience!
On 4 June 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Siam Bioscience in Thailand received conditional approval.
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Solution for Injection
Registrant : AstraZeneca Sdn Bhd
Manufacturer : Siam Bioscience Co. Ltd., Thailand
This conditional approval would allow the AstraZeneca manufactured by Siam Bioscience to be used in the Malaysia COVID-19 vaccination program, helping to increase the speed of the vaccination process.
AstraZeneca Vaccine : Why Separate Approval For Siam Bioscience?
The AstraZeneca vaccine had earlier received conditional approval for use in Malaysia. However, they were manufactured by Medimmune Phama B.V. in The Netherlands.
The Malaysia National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) has to vet and approve AstraZeneca vaccine doses manufactured by other factories.
Just like how AstraZeneca vaccine doses manufactured by SK Bioscience had to first vetted for conditional approval, the same goes for these vaccine doses manufactured by Siam Bioscience.
AstraZeneca Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, codenamed AZD1222, is a viral vector vaccine.
It uses a chimpanzee adenovirus – ChAdOx1 – which has been modified to prevent replication, to introduce a DNA sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
Once injected, the vaccine enters the cell and “teaches” it to produce the SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins and express them on its surface.
These spike proteins triggers the immune response to create antibodies that will protect you against the real SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- Papparich In Malaysia Ordered To Wind-Up By High Court!
- MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 3 June 2021 Update!
- Civil Servants : Fixed Allowance Cut For 3 Months!
- Lim Kok Wing, Limkokwing University Founder, Has Died!
- Sports + Exercise During FMCO Lockdown : What’s Allowed?
- AstraZeneca 2.0 Gone In 1 Hour But More Doses Coming!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 : Those On Waiting List Can Also Register!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 Appointments Out From 26 May Onwards!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Programme Round 2 : Get Ready!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Waiting List : Look Out For The Alert!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Did Pahang Man Get COVID-19 From Courier Package? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: PdPR (Online Learning) For All Schools Until July 2021! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 616815 Cases, 526809 Discharged, 3378 Dead
Pingback: Giant Kota Damansara : Multiple COVID-19 Cases! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: PDRM : Who Is Allowed To Pass A Police Roadblock? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 622086 Cases, 534357 Discharged, 3460 Dead
Pingback: FMCO 3.0 Lockdown Extended By Another 2 Weeks! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Malaysia Approves CanSino + J&J COVID-19 Vaccines! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Children In Malaysia! | Rojak Pot