Malaysia and Singapore will allow limited cross-border travel from 10 August onwards! Here are the details!
Limited Malaysia-Singapore Travel Allowed From 10 August!
Today, Malaysia and Singapore agreed to allow limited cross-border travel, starting from 10 August 2020 onwards.
Don’t plan your trips now though. They will announce the requirements, health protocols, and application process later, by 31 July 2020.
Officials in Malaysia and Singapore are currently working on how to implement these two cross-border travel schemes by that date :
Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL)
The Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) scheme is meant for essential business and official purposes. Eligible travellers will have to abide by these requirements :
- comply with COVID-19 prevention and public health measures of both countries
- undergo PCR swab tests
- submit a controlled itinerary to the destination country, and adhere to it
Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA)
The Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA) scheme is meant for Singapore and Malaysia residents with long-term immigration passes.
They will be permitted to enter the destination country for work, with these privileges :
- after at least three consecutive months in the country of work, they may return to their home country for a short-term home leave.
- they can then re-enter their country of work for another period of no less than three consecutive months.
Eligible travellers will also have to abide by the COVID-19 prevention and public health measures of both countries.
Future Malaysia-Singapore Travel Schemes
It was also announced that Malaysia and Singapore will work to develop other cross-border travel schemes, including a daily cross-border commuting scheme for travellers in both countries.
Malaysia-Singapore Travel : Official Press Statement
- Another Boy Killed In Pakistan Making TikTok Video!
- Malaysian Karen Threatens IKEA Boycott Over LGBT Bag!
- myBurgerLab : A Cyberbully Who Weaponised Social Media?
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Confirmed : Malaysian Schools Reopening In Full In July 2020!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- Limkokwing University Hit By Teaching Permit Accusation!
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Illegal Chicken Processing Facility In Cheras Shut Down!
- Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD?
- Yamarico Tea Noodle Factory : Disgusting Conditions Exposed!
- FREE Thomson Hospital Flu Vaccine : Should You Take It?
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Disgusting Yong Tau Foo Factory Shut Down!
- Limkokwing : The King of Africa Apparently Has A Queen!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms…
- Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!