The new Malaysia SOP For Travelling that went viral on social media today is FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!
Find out what is this Malaysia SOP For Travelling all about, and why it’s FAKE NEWS!
New Malaysia SOP For Travelling : Face Mask + Social Distancing!
This is the viral message that’s gone viral – a summary of new face mask and social distancing requirements for driving and eating out in Malaysia…
SOP For Travelling wef 1 Aug 2020
MCO Query Phone +60388882010
Called the above number to seek clarification on the mandatory mask requirement for in-car travel.
Call the above number for any MCO related info.
Please take note.
1) If you are driving alone or with others in the car must be from same household, with MyKad showing all having same house address, then there is no need to wear face mask. And maximum load of 5 persons only.
2) But if more than one person in the car is from different households, all MUST wear face masks.
3) It is also required to practice social distancing in the car. If small cars like Perodua Axia, the passenger must be seated behind. Only 2 in a car.
For bigger vehicles like sedan, MPV/SUV, if seats are more than 3 feet wide, you can be seated next to each other with one empty seat in between (back row).
4) For public transports like buses, LRT, MRT, trains, Masks are compulsory.
1) Social distancing must be adhered
2) Register your particulars.
3) Face mask – keep your mask on while:-
New Malaysia SOP For Travelling : FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!
Here is a short and sweet verdict of the viral message that people have been sharing like crazy today – it’s FAKE NEWS!
Everyone’s worried because 1 August 2020 is the first day of the new mandatory requirement to wear face masks in public in Malaysia. Anyone caught without a face mask in public places will incur a fine of RM 1,000 per person.
Here are the facts why this is yet another fake post on social media :
Fact #1 : Face Masks Only Compulsory In Public Transportation + Public Spaces
On 23 July 2020, Senior Defence Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that the face mask will be mandatory in these public spaces starting 1 August 2020.
- Inside public transportation
- Crowded public spaces
- Areas where social distancing is impossible
Fact #2 : MyKad Addresses Cannot Be Used
Malaysian MyKad addresses cannot be used to prove that a group of people in a private vehicle are from the same family. That’s because they are often not updated.
A husband and wife, or even housemates, will often have different addresses, as there is no requirement to change or update addresses even if one is married, or move to a different address.
It is illogical to use MyKad addresses to determine if people are staying together. That’s why the police won’t ask to see the address on your MyKad.
In fact, as we pointed out – it is not mandatory to wear a face mask in your own car in Malaysia, so the police won’t even stop you!
Fact #3 : Social Distancing Is Not Required In Private Vehicles
There is no requirement to perform social distancing in private vehicles. Not even in taxis and e-hailing vehicles.
In the Malaysia Transportation Ministry SOP issued on 23 June 2020, social distancing isn’t required in taxis and e-hailing vehicles, as long as they are from the same family.
Both driver and passengers are protected by the requirement for everyone to wear a face mask inside taxis and e-hailing vehicles in Malaysia.
Fact #4 : MCMC Confirmed That The Post Is Fake
MCMC (Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission) issued not one, but two notices, to refute that the SOPs for wearing a face mask and practicing social distancing in vehicles is FALSE.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Do They Pose?
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- There Is NO Fine For Not Wearing Face Mask In Your Car!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
- The Famous People Who Mocked God Hoax Debunked!
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked!
- The Famous Jesus Tree Of Lebanon Miracle Explained!
- Steve Jobs’ Last Words – The Hoax & The Truth!
- The USS Al Gore Frozen Boat Hoax Debunked!
- The IMagery by Lesa Hall Photoshop Fail CONFIRMED!
- The Canola Oil Bullshit By Anya Vien Debunked!
- The Zota Tissue Paper Tablet Scare – The Truth & Facts!
- Why You Should NEVER Give Laser Pointers To Kids!
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- How To Wear A Surgical Mask – The Hoax & The Truth!
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked
Go Back To > Hoaxes & Scams
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!