Malaysia will no longer report daily COVID-19 case details, as part of the transition to endemicity.
Here is what you need to know…
Malaysia Stops Reporting Daily COVID-19 Case Details!
On 9 October 2021, Malaysia Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin officially declared the government has stopped issuing daily COVID-19 case details.
What Does This Mean For COVID-19 Coverage In Malaysia?
What this means is that the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) will only report the total number of new cases daily, but NO LONGER :
- a daily breakdown of cases for each state,
- how many cases are from existing clusters,
- how many cases are close contacts,
- how many cases are imported, and
- how many cases are from other causes
This change started with the sparse release of COVID-19 case details on 9 October 2021.
While it is possible to obtain the statistics from the COVIDNOW website, it is much harder to get a complete picture or an easy-to-understand overview.
Even to just find out the daily number of new cases in every state, you have to manually look it up individually.
The idea appears to be to shift everyone in Malaysia away from thinking about new infections, to living with COVID-19.
- Malaysia Lost Apricot Subsea Cable Project Due To Cabotage!
- Malaysia Approves Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose!
- PPN Phase + SOP Changes On 6 October 2021!
- Sinovac Vaccine Approved For Use In Adolescents!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 3 SOP : 4 October Edition!
- Why Did Boy Collapse After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!