Malaysia will get 2 million Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccine doses from the US and Japan!
Here is what we know so far…
Malaysia To Get 2 Million Vaccine Doses From US + Japan!
On 30 June 2021, the National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, announced that Malaysia will receive 2 million vaccine doses from the US and Japan :
- 1 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine contributed by Japan will arrive on Thursday, 1 July 2021.
- 1 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine contributed by the United States will arrive on Friday, 2 July 2021.
How Will US + Japan Vaccine Contribution Help?
These two million doses will certainly go a long way to help speed up COVID-19 vaccination in Malaysia, which recently has been vaccinating over 200,000 people a day.
Increasing the vaccination speed is critical if Malaysia is to achieve the goals set out in the National COVID-19 Recovery Plan.
Moving from the current Phase 1 to Phase, for example, requires meeting these minimum requirements :
- average daily new COVID-19 cases must be <4,000
- moderate healthcare system / ICU capacity
- 10% population vaccinated with second dose
As of 29 June 2021, just 2,214,001 people in Malaysia have been fully vaccinated. That’s approximately 6.7% of the population.
Without a big influx of vaccines, and a surge in vaccinations, it will take many weeks before Malaysia can fully vaccinate 10% of its population.
Help Support My Work!
If you would like to support my work, you can do so via bank transfer / PayPal / credit card.
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced! ❤️
- Malaysia : No Mixing Of COVID-19 Vaccines For Now
- EMCO 3.0 In KL + Selangor : What You Need To Know!
- Deputy Speaker Finally Admits Joining Durian Party!
- Restoran Kuan Lee Closed After 3 COVID-19 Cases!
- Did Henry Cavill Help Nephew Prove Superman Is His Uncle?
- National COVID-19 Recovery Plan : 27 June 2021 Edition!
- Restaurants + Eateries Can Open Longer During FMCO 3.0!
- FMCO 3.0 Restrictions Extended Indefinitely!
- Pregnant / Breastfeeding? You Can Get COVID-19 Vaccines!
- Latest Foreign Travel Rules For Malaysian Citizens!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!
Pingback: 9 Week Dose Interval For AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: KL + Selangor EMCO / PKPD SOP : 1 July 2021 Edition! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: EMCO Road Closure + Roadblocks In Petaling Jaya! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: MCO Recovery Phase 1 SOP : 5 July 2021 Edition! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: AEON 1 Utama Closed 3 Days Over COVID-19 Concerns! | The Rojak Pot