A video of a Malaysian student in London has been circulating on WhatsApp, with the claim that he died of COVID-19 after that.
The video is genuine, but it was misused to create yet another COVID-19 hoax. He (fortunately) is still well, and here are the facts!
Malaysian Student Died From COVID-19 In London Hoax
This was the message that accompanied the video, claiming that the student, died of COVID-19 after filming it for his parents.
Malaysian Student Died From COVID-19 In London Hoax Debunked!
We can assure you that Samson is still alive, and from what we can tell, still doing fine. Here are the facts…
No Malaysian Student Died Of COVID-19 In London
When a reader shared this with us, we realised this is most likely fake news. A Malaysian student dying in London would have been major news.
A quick check confirmed that only one Malaysian citizen died in London – a 75 year-old man on 22 March 2020.
Dead Student Don’t Tell Tales
We then traced down the source of the video, and found the student’s Instagram account, where he posted a statement clarifying that he is very much, STILL ALIVE and recovering.
He made the video as a warning for his friends, because he posted it and then deleted it after just 4 hours.
But it looks like someone downloaded his video, and shared it out with the fake message that he passed away.
Here was the statement he posted on Instagram :
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 2908 Cases, 142 New, 2 More Dead
- 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look!
- COVID-19 : Menara City One Under Enhanced MCO!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 : Hulu Langat Area Under Enhanced MCO!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- MAEPS Converted Into 500-Bed COVID-19 Hospital
- COVID-19 : Simpang Renggam Under Enhanced MCO!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- BNM Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : Nothing To Lose!
- BNM Credit Card Term Loan Conversion : Worth It?
- BNM Loan Moratorium / Deferment : Should You Accept It?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- COVID-19 : Chloroquine Poisoning Kills One, Injures Others
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : HTF Doctor Dies From COVID-19
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- What Happens When A Suspected COVID-19 Case Lies!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : Five COVID-19 Deaths Today!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : Genuine But NOT Approved Yet!
- 3rd COVID-19 Death In Malaysia : Another Tabligh Participant
- What Happens When A COVID-19 Close Contact Lies!
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
- MBPJ : Food Outlets Open With Conditions During Lockdown!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Lockdown : Frequently Asked Questions!
- Malaysia NATIONWIDE COVID-19 Restrictions : Full Details!
- COVID-19 : This Tabligh Participant Refused To Be Tested?
- COVID-19 : Almost 5000 Tabligh Participants Tested!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!