A video of a Malaysian student in London has been circulating on WhatsApp, with the claim that he died of COVID-19 after that.
The video is genuine, but it was misused to create yet another COVID-19 hoax. He (fortunately) is still well, and here are the facts!
Malaysian Student Died From COVID-19 In London Hoax
This was the message that accompanied the video, claiming that the student, died of COVID-19 after filming it for his parents.
The person is a Malaysian student studying in London. He caught the virus at a party. This video was filmed for his parents. He has since passed away.
Malaysian Student Died From COVID-19 In London Hoax Debunked!
We can assure you that Samson is still alive, and from what we can tell, still doing fine. Here are the facts…
No Malaysian Student Died Of COVID-19 In London
When a reader shared this with us, we realised this is most likely fake news. A Malaysian student dying in London would have been major news.
A quick check confirmed that only one Malaysian citizen died in London – a 75 year-old man on 22 March 2020.
Dead Student Don’t Tell Tales
We then traced down the source of the video, and found the student’s Instagram account, where he posted a statement clarifying that he is very much, STILL ALIVE and recovering.
He made the video as a warning for his friends, because he posted it and then deleted it after just 4 hours.
But it looks like someone downloaded his video, and shared it out with the fake message that he passed away.
Here was the statement he posted on Instagram :
So apparently there are videos of myself circulating on WhatsApp which I had deleted after putting up for 4 hours. I’m unaware of the circulation of the video which I made on 28 March (Saturday). I was only made away on 30 March. I DO NOT have the intention of making the video viral. I’m writing a statement today (30 March) to clear several things up, mainly to reduce panic.
First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for the wishes and especially to those who had taken their time to support me during my dire need. I’m sorry if I’m unable to get back to you ASAP.
Secondly, I am NOT DEAD
As most of you that have seen my video, it is not a video to request for help, it is a video I made to show my current condition and to spread awareness of how it feels like contracting Covid- 19
I am NOT officially tested as there is a limited number of testing kits available in the UK. Currently, testing is only made to people who are;
- Serious condition
I MAY have contracted the virus from multiple occasions. In the video where I addressed that I contracted the virus from;
- MSSM MNight (14 March)
- MSSM Night Afterparty (14 March)
However, it is not 100% certain that I contracted the virus on these occasions. Do note that this was my last contact with a large group of people. There might be possibilities that I contracted it elsewhere.
Regarding my health, today will mark as the 9th day after showing symptom – the ONLY symptom which is the inability to smell. I am currently recovering and feeling much better.
Regarding the NHS, it is the same anywhere around the world, LIMITED ACCESS. I deleted the video because I realised that the statement I made was irresponsible. At all material times, I was not trying to condemn the NHS. I have nothing against the NHS, although I was impeded access to healthcare. My General Practitioner (GP) had tried contacting me, but I was asleep. I heard nothing more from them.
The statement I made is the truth and by no means of t dying to deceive the public.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 2908 Cases, 142 New, 2 More Dead
- 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look!
- COVID-19 : Menara City One Under Enhanced MCO!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 : Hulu Langat Area Under Enhanced MCO!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- MAEPS Converted Into 500-Bed COVID-19 Hospital
- COVID-19 : Simpang Renggam Under Enhanced MCO!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- BNM Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : Nothing To Lose!
- BNM Credit Card Term Loan Conversion : Worth It?
- BNM Loan Moratorium / Deferment : Should You Accept It?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- COVID-19 : Chloroquine Poisoning Kills One, Injures Others
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : HTF Doctor Dies From COVID-19
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- What Happens When A Suspected COVID-19 Case Lies!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : Five COVID-19 Deaths Today!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : Genuine But NOT Approved Yet!
- 3rd COVID-19 Death In Malaysia : Another Tabligh Participant
- What Happens When A COVID-19 Close Contact Lies!
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
- MBPJ : Food Outlets Open With Conditions During Lockdown!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Lockdown : Frequently Asked Questions!
- Malaysia NATIONWIDE COVID-19 Restrictions : Full Details!
- COVID-19 : This Tabligh Participant Refused To Be Tested?
- COVID-19 : Almost 5000 Tabligh Participants Tested!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: GrabPay Scam Alert : Be Careful Of FAKE Friends! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Watch : Malaysian Police Fired TWICE To Disable Car! | The Rojak Pot