A man wearing a pink wristband was falsely accused of breaking his COVID-19 home quarantine at a clinic in Mutiara Damansara.
Find out what the fuss was about, and what REALLY happened!
Did This Man With A Pink Wristband Break His COVID-19 Quarantine?
A man walked into a clinic in a Mutiara Damansara mall, and was spotted wearing a pink wristband – which meant he was supposed to be in a home quarantine.
A concerned citizen recorded a video and took a picture of the man with his pink wristband, before reporting the matter to mall security. He then shared the video and photo on Facebook :
The Facebook post went viral, especially after the New Straits Times posted about the incident (post removed a few hours ago).
The Internet mob immediately condemned the man for putting other people at risk of being infected. Some even threatened violence against him.
Fact : This Man With Pink Wristband Did NOT Break Quarantine!
The problem with social media – people have a tendency to post without verifying the facts. The truth is – the man did not break his COVID-19 quarantine. Here are the facts…
Fact #1 : He Had Already Tested Negative Once
Like everyone who returned from abroad, the man had already undergone a mandatory antigen rapid test.
He was only allowed to return home for his 14-day home quarantine, after testing negative.
Fact #2 : He Was Getting His Day 13 Antibody Test
The man with the pink wristband was following Malaysia Ministry of Health SOP – to undertake his mandatory COVID-19 antibody test on the 13th day of his home quarantine.
Only after his Day 13 antibody test is negative, can his wristband be removed by the District Health Office, and his home quarantine officially discharged.
Fact #3 : He Was Asymptomatic Throughout His Quarantine
He was completely asymptomatic during his home quarantine period, which is why he was allowed to go to specially-certified government or private clinics for their Day 13 Antibody Test.
Everyone on home quarantine is checked on a daily basis, and will be taken to the hospital if they become symptomatic.
Fact #4 : The Clinic Was Specially Certified For COVID-19 RTK Ab Tests
The doctor was specially trained and certified to test asymptomatic returnees using the COVID-19 antibody rapid test kits.
Both the clinic and the man followed MOH guidelines, taking the necessary precautions like wearing face masks.
At no point was anyone placed at risk during this, or the many COVID-19 tests, performed at this clinic.
Fact #5 : The Doctor Personally Clarified The Issue
The doctor personally called and explained the facts to the man who posted the photo and video.
But when he declined to remove his post, the doctor posted this statement on his Facebook post (now removed) :
But New Straits Times Posted About It…
Yes, but the New Straits Times posted their story without verifying the facts with the clinic in question.
As of 10 AM this morning, no one from NST called the clinic. Perhaps they would do so later today…
If anyone from NST is reading this, we would like to point out another error – the clinic isn’t inside a supermarket.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Do They Pose?
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- Malaysia Is NOT YET In 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 Infections
- Dirty Tempe Factory In Batu Caves Shut Down!
- Phone Hack Fact Check : Argentina Is Doing It?
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Why Would Donald Trump Attack Top Glove On Twitter?
- Limited Malaysia-Singapore Travel Allowed From 10 August!
- Another Boy Killed In Pakistan Making TikTok Video!
- You Can Now Use Wheeled Cabin Luggage On AirAsia!
- Malaysian Karen Threatens IKEA Boycott Over LGBT Bag!
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Old Robber Targeting Motorists In Penang : No Such Thing!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD?
- Illegal Chicken Processing Facility In Cheras Shut Down!
- Yamarico Tea Noodle Factory : Disgusting Conditions Exposed!
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Disgusting Yong Tau Foo Factory Shut Down!
- Limkokwing : The King of Africa Apparently Has A Queen!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms…
- Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!