A man wearing a pink wristband was falsely accused of breaking his COVID-19 home quarantine at a clinic in Mutiara Damansara.
Find out what the fuss was about, and what REALLY happened!
Did This Man With A Pink Wristband Break His COVID-19 Quarantine?
A man walked into a clinic in a Mutiara Damansara mall, and was spotted wearing a pink wristband – which meant he was supposed to be in a home quarantine.
A concerned citizen recorded a video and took a picture of the man with his pink wristband, before reporting the matter to mall security. He then shared the video and photo on Facebook :
The Facebook post went viral, especially after the New Straits Times posted about the incident (post removed a few hours ago).
The Internet mob immediately condemned the man for putting other people at risk of being infected. Some even threatened violence against him.
Fact : This Man With Pink Wristband Did NOT Break Quarantine!
The problem with social media – people have a tendency to post without verifying the facts. The truth is – the man did not break his COVID-19 quarantine. Here are the facts…
Fact #1 : He Had Already Tested Negative Once
Like everyone who returned from abroad, the man had already undergone a mandatory antigen rapid test.
He was only allowed to return home for his 14-day home quarantine, after testing negative.
Fact #2 : He Was Getting His Day 13 Antibody Test
The man with the pink wristband was following Malaysia Ministry of Health SOP – to undertake his mandatory COVID-19 antibody test on the 13th day of his home quarantine.
Only after his Day 13 antibody test is negative, can his wristband be removed by the District Health Office, and his home quarantine officially discharged.
Fact #3 : He Was Asymptomatic Throughout His Quarantine
He was completely asymptomatic during his home quarantine period, which is why he was allowed to go to specially-certified government or private clinics for their Day 13 Antibody Test.
Everyone on home quarantine is checked on a daily basis, and will be taken to the hospital if they become symptomatic.
Fact #4 : The Clinic Was Specially Certified For COVID-19 RTK Ab Tests
The doctor was specially trained and certified to test asymptomatic returnees using the COVID-19 antibody rapid test kits.
Both the clinic and the man followed MOH guidelines, taking the necessary precautions like wearing face masks.
At no point was anyone placed at risk during this, or the many COVID-19 tests, performed at this clinic.
Fact #5 : The Doctor Personally Clarified The Issue
The doctor personally called and explained the facts to the man who posted the photo and video.
But when he declined to remove his post, the doctor posted this statement on his Facebook post (now removed) :
Hi I am the doctor in charge of Klinik XXXXXX, the above person in your post visited my clinic for his day 13 post quarantine Covid 19 Ab test.
The patient followed all the necessary SOP as required by the Health Ministry. Both patient and clinic took all the precautions before he came to the clinic.
He would only be allowed to our premises if he had no symptoms.
Our clinic is one of the authorised clinics to perform the Covid Ab test for Day 13 quarantine in collaboration with Ministry of Health for patients who were tested NEGATIVE and have not displayed any symptoms suggesting an infection.
It would have been wise of Mr XXXXXX to clarify any doubts he may have had with the patient or the clinic before posting it on Facebook. This would have avoided any embarrassment to all involved.
The clinic itself would have reported if anyone was flouting the law. We take such matters seriously and the government has procedures in place before such patients come to the clinic.
I hope this response is adequate to clarify the above posting.
But New Straits Times Posted About It…
Yes, but the New Straits Times posted their story without verifying the facts with the clinic in question.
As of 10 AM this morning, no one from NST called the clinic. Perhaps they would do so later today…
If anyone from NST is reading this, we would like to point out another error – the clinic isn’t inside a supermarket.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Do They Pose?
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- Malaysia Is NOT YET In 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 Infections
- Dirty Tempe Factory In Batu Caves Shut Down!
- Phone Hack Fact Check : Argentina Is Doing It?
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Why Would Donald Trump Attack Top Glove On Twitter?
- Limited Malaysia-Singapore Travel Allowed From 10 August!
- Another Boy Killed In Pakistan Making TikTok Video!
- You Can Now Use Wheeled Cabin Luggage On AirAsia!
- Malaysian Karen Threatens IKEA Boycott Over LGBT Bag!
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Old Robber Targeting Motorists In Penang : No Such Thing!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD?
- Illegal Chicken Processing Facility In Cheras Shut Down!
- Yamarico Tea Noodle Factory : Disgusting Conditions Exposed!
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Disgusting Yong Tau Foo Factory Shut Down!
- Limkokwing : The King of Africa Apparently Has A Queen!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms…
- Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: There Is NO Fine For Not Wearing Face Mask In Your Car! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8904 Cases, 8601 Recovered, 124 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8976 Cases, 8644 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9023 Cases, 8702 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9038 Cases, 8713 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9070 Cases, 8775 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9094 Cases, 8803 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9149 Cases, 8828 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9175 Cases, 8831 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9257 Cases, 8949 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9296 Cases, 8994 Recovered, 125 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9334 Cases, 9048 Recovered, 126 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9340 Cases, 9054 Recovered, 127 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9354 Cases, 9075 Recovered, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9374 Cases, 9083 Recovered, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9391 Cases, 9113 Recovered, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9397 Cases, 9115 Recovered, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9459 Cases, 9124 Recovered, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9583 Cases, 9143 Recovered, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Administrative EMCO Declared In Kedah + Tawau Prison! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: People Flee Kedah Before EMCO Lockdown Kicks In! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9810 Cases, 9181 Recovered, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did Canada Just Release Meng Wanzhou, HUAWEI CFO? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 9969 Cases, 9209 Recovered, 128 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 10,167 Cases, 9315 Healed, 130 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 10,276 Cases, 9395 Healed, 130 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: UOB Kepong Shut Down After Staff Contracts COVID-19 | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: IMR Finds D614G Mutation In All New COVID-19 Clusters! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 10,687 Cases, 9696 Healed, 133 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 10,919 Cases, 9835 Healed, 134 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Southeast Sabah Under Administrative EMCO For 2 Weeks! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught Outside Jelutong Market | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Maskless Man Walking At Tesco With White HSO Bracelet? | The Rojak Pot