A man was only fined RM2,000 for assaulting a lady who honked at him for obstructing traffic.
Find out what happened, and decide for yourself if this is justice, or merely a quick resolution of the case…
Man Assaulted Lady Who Honked At Him : What Happened?
According to SnOw Kwong (the victim’s brother), the incident happened on Wednesday, 16 December 2020, at around 8 PM at the Amadesa Resort Condominium, in Desa Petaling, Kuala Lumpur.
A dark blue Mercedes-Benz – identified with the plate number VAR 7333 – was blocking her way at the car park entrance.
After waiting for a few minutes, she honked at the car and it moved away…
But after she parked her car, she was confronted by the driver – a man in his 50s – who grabbed her hair and punched her in the head and face.
The beating was caught on the condominiums’ CCTV, which went viral.
After she called her father for help, they called the police for help. While waiting for the police to arrive, the condominium security guards brought the man down with his two sons.
Even more shocking, the man came with a chopping knife tucked into his back. An eyewitness managed to capture a photo.
According to SnOw Kwong, the man tried to assault his sister again, before his sons held him back. When he saw the police arrive, he threw or hid his chopping knife.
The policemen arrested him, and took him to the Sabak Selatan Baru Police Station, where the victim and her father filed a police report.
She then went to HUKM to get a medical examination and a head X-ray, for her injuries.
When she returned home at 2 AM, her mother told her that the man’s sons apologised for the assault and asked her not to press charges because her father was “STRESSED”.
She wondered, “Does that mean that anyone is allowed to treat others like a punching if he was stressed? What if the police didn’t arrive on time? What would he have done with the chopping knife which he hid behind his waist”
“Was he going to chop me into pieces because he was STRESSED? If I lost my life, does that mean an apology from the sons accommodate the loss of my parents for my death?”
She also feared that he would get away with just a fine for assaulting her, because “he is some kind of Dato’ according to the “Dato’ badge” on his car plate“.
Man Only Fined RM2K For Assaulting Lady Who Honked Him!
After the lady lodged her police report, she was told to go to the Cheras District Police Headquarters to make a statement to Sarjan Khairizam.
He told her that because the man did not attack her with a weapon, he can only be charged for assault under Section 323 of the Penal Code, and be subject to a maximum of 1 year’s imprisonment or a fine of RM2,000 or both.
The man was charged in court on 17 December 2020, one day after the assault. He pleaded guilty to voluntarily causing hurt, and was only fined RM2,000.
- ZARA @ MyTOWN : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- Arte Cheras : Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan With 163 Cases!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!