Maxim Dim Sum closed their Pekaka Square restaurant after an employee there tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and whether you should be concerned!
Maxim Dim Sum : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 10 January 2021, Maxim Dim Sum announced that an employee at their Pekaka Square restaurant tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected employee was confirmed positive on 6 January 2021, and was last at work on 4 January 2021. This employee is not involved in food preparation or food serving.
However, Maxim Dim Sum only announced this on 10 January 2021, when they announced the closure of their Pekaka Square restaurant, until further notice.
After netizens questioned them about the timing, they issued more information :
On 7 January 2021, they sent the close contacts of the affected employee for swab tests, and placed them under home quarantine; replacing them with back-up employees. They noticeably did not say that they tested negative.
On 8 January 2021, they also sent the remaining employees for swab tests that came back negative.
On 9 January 2021, they arranged for a full sanitisation of Maxim Dim Sum at Pekaka Square, which is scheduled for 11 January 2021.
They said that they continued operating from 7 January until 9 January, because they were using a backup team that had no contact with the affected employee.
Maxim Dim Sum COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Maxim Dim Sum on the COVID-19 exposure at their Pekaka Square restaurant.
Maxim Dim Sum COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
As the affected employee was not customer-facing, the risk should be low. However, it is unknown if other employees were also affected as Maxim Dim Sum did not reveal their test results.
Restaurant customers generally not wear face masks, although it is highly recommended that everyone wears a face mask in a restaurant, unless it is to eat or drink.
In fact, you should be wearing a face mask while ordering food, and while waiting for your food and drinks to be delivered.
They would definitely have to trace contacts, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While restaurants and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ IPC : More Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Closed For Cleaning + Tests!
- Dragon Noodle 龍鬚麵 : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees NOT Positive For COVID-19!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Maybank Taman Malim Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Bursa Malaysia : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19
- 3 Tesco Stores Sanitised After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Fitness Farlim : Instructor Positive For COVID-19!
- Din Tai Fung Gardens Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Several Genting Highlands Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second COVID-19 Case!
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!