Maybank Melaka Main was shut down today after an employee was confirmed to be in close contact with a COVID-19 patient under investigation!
Maybank Melaka Main : COVID-19 Infection?
The Maybank Melaka Main headquarters at Jalan Hang Tuah was shut down today (10 November 2020), after “potential exposure” to COVID-19.
An employee at their Private Wealth Centre was confirmed to be in close contact with a COVID-19 patient under investigation (PUI), outside of Maybank Melaka Main.
This is the second Maybank branch to close down because of COVID-19 exposure today, after Maybank Pandan Jaya.
Maybank announced that they are closing their Melaka Main branch and the Private Wealth Centre with immediate effect for deep cleaning and sanitisation.
The branch, excluding its self-service terminals, will close indefinitely, until all employees have been tested and found to be negative for COVID-19.
They asked that those who need to perform important banking tasks are requested to head to these alternative Maybank branches :
- Maybank MIB Melaka
- Maybank Taman Melaka Raya
Maybank Melaka Main : Official Statement On COVID-19 Exposure
This was the notice Maybank posted on the Melaka Main branch closure over COVID-19 exposure :
Maybank Melaka Main COVID-19 Infection : Do NOT Panic
Even though it is possible that one of the branch employees was infected, you should not panic…
They are definitely tracing contacts, which is why it is important to log your movements with MySejahtera, or the physical logbook.
While banks offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
If you happen to be in that Maybank branch when that affected employee was present, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine and undergo a COVID-19 screening test.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
But most important of all – we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Maybank Pandan Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Peniaga Sekendhend or Peniaga Barang Terpakai?
- Melaka Lady Broke Quarantine For Deepavali Shopping
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get RM1K Fine?
- CMCO / PKPB Lockdown SOP for Peninsular Malaysia!
- KL, Putrajaya + 8 States : CMCO Lockdown Until 6 December!
- IKEA Damansara : Closed After Potential COVID-19 Case!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Reopens After 48 COVID Cases!
- Bayan Lepas Lady Caught Breaking COVID-19 Quarantine!
- Komugi 1 Utama : Closed After Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- Bayan Lepas in Penang : CMCO / PKPB on 6 November!
- KPJ Penang : Patient + 8 Frontliners Positive For COVID-19
- Seremban CMCO / PKPB Starts On 5 November 2020!
- 7 Eleven @ M City Ampang : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Royal Selangor Golf Club : 5th Case, Members Please Get Tested!
- Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara?
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Yamaha Music School Bagan Jermal : COVID-19 Exposure! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 42872 Cases, 31073 Healed, 302 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 43791 Cases, 32069 Healed, 303 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 45095 Cases, 32969 Healed, 304 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 46209 Cases, 33772 Healed, 306 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 49730 Cases, 36624 Healed, 318 Dead | Rojak Pot