Despite calls for a total lockdown, MKN only announced some tightening of the existing MCO 3.0 restrictions.
Here are the details so far…
MCO 3.0 : No Total Lockdown, Just Some Tightening…
Despite calls for a total lockdown, Senior Minister for Security Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaacob only announced some tightening of the existing MCO 3.0 restrictions.
These new SOPs will be implemented on top of existing MCO SOPs announced on 15 May 2021, and will be in effect from 25 May 2021 until 7 June 2021.
They will only apply across Peninsular Malaysia, and the Federal Territory of Labuan. They will not apply to Sabah and Sarawak.
- There will be increased enforcement of travel, with more roadblocks in place.
- Everyone is advised to stay at home.
- 80% of the civil service (approximately 750,000 employees) will be asked to work from home (WFH).
- The private sector will be asked to reduce their on-premise workforce to 60%, with 40% to work from home (WFH).
- Public transportation will be reduced to 50% of maximum capacity, with reduced operating frequency as well.
- Business operations will be limited to 8 AM until 8 PM daily.
- The new HIDE system will continued to be used to identify high-risk premises, which will be ordered to close immediately.
- Hospitals, clinics and medical labs are allowed to open 24 hours.
- Pharmacies are allowed to open from 8 AM until 10 PM.
- Laundry services, optical shops, car washes, barbershops, hair saloons are allowed to open from 8 AM until 8 PM.
- Groceries, convenience stores, pet food shops are allowed to open from 8 AM until 8 PM.
- Night markets are allowed to open from 4 PM until 8 PM.
- Shopping malls can open from 8 AM until 8 PM.
- Food-related businesses are allowed to operate from 8 AM until 8 PM.
- Sale of food is only allowed for takeaways, drive-throughs and delivery. Dining in, and park and dine, are NOT allowed.
- Petrol stations are allowed to open from 6 AM until 8 PM, except those on highways – they are allowed to open 24 hours.
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Programme Round 2 : Get Ready!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Waiting List : Look Out For The Alert!
- UKM Bangi Vaccination Experience By Sharmine Ishak!
- AstraZeneca Vaccination @ UM : A Video + Picture Guide!
- New Vaccination Process @ WTCKL Starting 15 May 2021!
- Pharmaniaga Sinovac Vaccine Finally Ready For Distribution!
- MCO 3.0 : Sarawak Sticking With CMCO + Some Changes!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Kindergartens + Childcare Can Open Again!
- No MCO 3.0 In Sabah, Sarawak May Follow Too!
- Malaysia To Come Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Nationwide!
- COVID-19 Vaccination @ WTC On 15-16 May Rescheduled!
- Kluang In Johor Now Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Too!
- Travel + Certain Activities Now FORBIDDEN Across Malaysia!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Golf Allowed And Then Banned Again!
- Penang, Perak + Pahang : What Areas Are Under MCO 3.0?
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Outdoor Sports Allowed Again!
- KL + Parts Of Perak, Johor, Terengganu Under MCO Too!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!