Yet another MCO 3.0 U turn – within 24 hours, golf was allowed and then banned again!
Find out what is the latest U-turn in MCO restrictions by the Malaysian government!
MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Now Golf Is Banned Again!
On 6 May 2021, the Ministry of Youth and Sports announced that all sports and recreational activities are FORBIDDEN in MCO areas, without their expressed permission.
This rule was to kick off today – 7 May 2021, but after being roundly criticised for decision, they walked back their decision halfway.
At 9:15 PM on 7 May 2021, the Ministry of Youth and Sports announced that the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) agreed to loosen the earlier restrictions on sports and exercise in MCO 3.0 areas.
While their statement did not explicitly mention golf, the Malaysian Golf Association confirmed with the Ministry of Youth and Sports (KBS) that golfing activities are permitted to resume on 8 May 2021.
However, on 8 May 2021, the same Ministry of Youth and Sports directed that golfing activities in all MCO districts be suspended from 9 May 2021 until further notice.
Even though players are not allowed on the green, routine golf maintenance activities may be undertaken, provided that at any one time, no more than 30% of the total course and maintenance staff are present.
MCO 3.0 : What Areas Does The Golf Ban Apply?
The newly-reinstated golf ban applies to ALL areas under MCO restrictions :
Selangor : 6 May 2021 until 17 May 2021
- Hulu Langat : Hulu Langat, Ampang, Cheras, Hulu Semenyih, Kajang, Semenyih, Beranang
– Bukit Raja
– Sungai Buloh : Subang, Bandar Damansara, Sungai Buloh, Bandar Sri Damansara, Merbau Sempak
– Damansara : Subang Jaya, Pekan Hicom, Bandar Sunway, Bandar Petaling Jaya, Kayu Ara, Bandar Glenmarie, Bandar Saujana, Shah Alam, Batu Tiga, Country Height
– Petaling : Puchong, Kinrara, Sungai Besi, Serdang
- Gombak : Batu, Rawang, Setapak, Ulu Kelang
- Klang : Klang, Kapar
- Kuala Langat : Bandar, Batu, Jugra, Kelanang, Morib, Tanjung 12, Teluk Panglima Garang
- Sepang : Sepang town, Dengkil, Labu
Kuala Lumpur : 7 May 2021 until 20 May 2021
- All areas
Johor : 7 May 2021 until 20 May 2021
- Johor Bahru : Jelutong, Plentong, Pulai, Sungai Tiram, Tanjung Kupang, Tebrau, Bandar Johor Bahru
- Kulai : Bukit Batu, Kulai Town, Sedenak, Senai
- Kota Tinggi : Johor Lama, Kambau, Kota Tinggi Town, Pantai Timur, Pengerang, Sedili Besar, Sedili Kechil, Tanjung Surat, Ulu Sungai Johor, Ulu Sungai Sedili Besar
Perak : 7 May 2021 until 20 May 2021
- Larut, Matang and Selama : Batu Kurau, Bukit Gantang, Matang, Sungai Tinggi, Trong
Terengganu : 7 May 2021 until 20 May 2021
- Besut district : Kampung Raja, Lubuk Kawah, Pelagat, Tenang, Keluang, Bukit Kenak, Kubang Bemban, Jabi, Kerandang, Pengkalan Nangka, Pasir Akar, Tembila, Bukit Puteri, Kuala Besut
Penang : 10 May 2021 until 23 May 2021
- North East Penang Island : George Town, Paya Terubong, Bukit Paya Terubong, Bukit Ayer Itam, Ayer Itam, Batu Feringghi, Tanjung Tokong
- Central Prai : Seberang Jaya, Sama Gagah, Permatang Pasir, Permatang Pauh, Kubang Semang, Taman Paus, Bandar Perda, Tanah Liat, Berapit, Jalan Betek, Bukit Tengah
- South Prai : Sungai Jawi, Nibong Tebal, Batu Kawan, Bukit Tambun, Simpang Ampat, Sungai Bakap, Valdor
- South West Penang Island : 12th Mukim only
- Prai North : Butterworth Town + 14th Mukim only
Pahang : 10 May 2021 until 23 May 2021
- Entire district of Kuantan
Perak : 10 May 2021 until 23 May 2021
- Hulu Perak : Pengkalan Hulu and Belukar Sepang only
- Hulu Kinta : Ipoh, Lahat, Chemor and Tanjung Rambutan only
- Penang, Perak + Pahang : What Areas Are Under MCO 3.0?
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Outdoor Sports Allowed Again!
- KL + Parts Of Perak, Johor, Terengganu Under MCO Too!
- Selangor Closes Schools + Ramadan Bazaars!
- Travel For COVID-19 Vaccination Do NOT Need Police Permit!
- MCO In Selangor + Hari Raya SOP Updates!
- More AstraZeneca Doses OTW, Open To Other States Too!
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Optional, Offered To Volunteers!
- When Can You Apply For Same Day COVID-19 Vaccination?
- No More UPSR + PT3 Exams Cancelled This Year!
- Raya Holiday Extended + Schools Closed For 2 Weeks!
- Sinovac Vaccine From Pharmaniaga Gets Approved!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 10 May 2021!
- TK Bakery Taman Segar : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Travel + Certain Activities Now FORBIDDEN Across Malaysia! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 440677 Cases, 401934 Discharged, 1683 Dead
Pingback: MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Kindergartens + Childcare Can Open Again! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 448457 Cases, 408236 Discharged, 1722 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 458077 Cases, 414707 Discharged, 1788 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 462190 Cases, 418897 Discharged, 1822 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 466330 Cases, 422329 Discharged, 1866 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 470110 Cases, 426319 Discharged, 1902 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 485496 Cases, 436116 Discharged, 2040 Dead
Pingback: AstraZeneca Vaccination @ UM : A Video + Picture Guide! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 492302 Cases, 440032 Discharged, 2099 Dead
Pingback: How To Register For Your AstraZeneca Vaccine Round 2! | Rojak Pot