Here is the 3 June 2021 update of the MCO 3.0 total lockdown SOP of Malaysia, which many are calling FMCO (Full MCO)!
We will keep updating this guide, as and when they issue new SOPs!
Updated @ 2021-06-03 : Added the 2 June 2021 MCO 3.0 SOP video and list.
Updated @ 2021-05-31 : Added the full lockdown SOP list of PERMITTED and FORBIDDEN activities.
Originally posted @ 2021-05-30
MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown : Phase 1 SOP Starts 1 June 2021!
On 29 May 2021, the Malaysia Prime Minister’s Department announced that the National Security Council (MKN) decided to order Total Lockdown Phase 1.
From 1 June until 14 June 2021, there will be a complete lockdown of the social and economic sectors across the country.
This new lockdown SOP will apply ACROSS Malaysia – no states are exempted.
Recommended : Malaysia To Undergo TOTAL LOCKDOWN Phase 1!
MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 2 June 2021 Edition!
Here is a video showing the 2 June 2021 edition of the total lockdown SOP for MCO 3.0, which people are calling Full MCO or FMCO.
MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : Essential Services
All social and economic activities are FORBIDDEN, except for these 17 essential services :
- Food and beverages, including for animals
- Healthcare and medical services, including dietary supplements, veterinarian services, etc.
- Water supply
- Energy supply
- Security and safety, defence, emergency, social and humanitarian services
- Waste disposal and public sanitisation and sewerage
- Land, water and air transportation
- Port, shipyard, airport services and operations, including loading, unloading, cargo handling and piloting, storage or transportation of commodities
- Communications including media, telecommunications and Internet, post and courier, as well as broadcasting (for the purpose of conveying information, news and the like.
- Banking, insurance, takaful and capital markets
- Community credit services (mortgage and Ar-rahnu)
- E-commerce and information technology
- Production, distillation, storage, supply and distribution of fuels and lubricants
- Hotels and accommodation (only for quarantine purposes, segregation, employment for essential services and not for tourism).
- Critical construction, maintenance and repair
- Forestry services (limited to enforcement) and wildlife
- Logistics limited to delivery of essential services
MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : Essential Industries
All industries are FORBIDDEN, except for the following sectors :
Manufacturing (60% employee capacity)
- Aerospace (components and maintenance, repair and overhaul – MRO)
- Food and beverage
- Packaging and printing materials, only related to food and health
- Personal care and cleaning products
- Healthcare and medical products, including dietary supplements
- Personal care items, personal protective equipment (PPE), including rubber gloves and fire safety equipment
- Components for medical devices.
- Electrical and electronics of global economic chain importance
- Oil and gas, including petrochemicals and petrochemical products
- Chemical products
- Machinery and equipment for health and food products
- Textiles for PPE production only
- Production, distillation, storage, supply and distribution of fuels and lubricants
Agriculture, Fisheries, Livestock, Plantation and Commodities (“optimal” employee capacity)
- Agriculture, fisheries and livestock and their supply chains – for example, shops selling fertilisers and pesticides, or oil palm fruit processing factories are allowed to operate
- Oil palm, rubber, pepper and cocoa plantation and commodities including their supply chains
Construction (“optimal” employee capacity)
- Critical maintenance and repair works
- Major public infrastructure and construction works
- Building construction works that provide complete employee accommodation at construction sites, or workers that are housed in Centralised Workers Quarters (CLQ).
Trade + Distribution (8 AM until 8 PM daily)
- Shopping malls must be CLOSED, except for supermarkets, hypermarkets, departmental stores and premises selling food and beverages, essential items, pharmacy, personal care, convenience store, mini mart, and restaurants for takeaway and home delivery.
- Supermarkets, hypermarkets, pharmacies, personal care stores, convenience stores, mini marts and grocery stores, as well as departmental stores are allowed to open, but RESTRICTED to their food, beverage and essential item sections only.
- Restaurants, stalls and food outlets – only for takeaways, drive-through or food delivery
- Laundry services, including self-service laundromats
- Pet care and pet food stores
- Eyewear and optical goods stores
- Hardware stores
- Vehicle workshops, maintenance and spare parts
- E-commerce – all product categories
- Wholesale and distribution – for all essential products only
MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : The Full List
Note : Any activity NOT mentioned in this SOP is FORBIDDEN.
- Interstate or inter-district travel is FORBIDDEN.
- Up to two (2) people from each household are allowed to go out to purchase food, medicine, dietary supplements and other daily essentials.
- Up to three (3) people, including the patient, are allowed to go out from each household to seek medical treatment, healthcare, screening test, security assistance or other emergencies within a radius of no more than 10 kilometres from their home, or the nearest available service (if there are none within 10 km).
- Up to two (2) people are allowed in each taxi or e-hailing ride, including the driver. The passenger must be seated in the rear compartment.
- Commercial vehicles carrying essential goods are allowed to carry people up to the licensed limit.
- Official government vehicles are allowed to carry up to their maximum capacity.
- All airports and ports are allowed to operate as usual.
- Sea and land public transportation services, like employee transportation, public buses, express buses, LRT, MRT, ERL, monorail and ferry are allowed to operate at 50% of vehicle capacity.
- Travel for funerals and natural disasters are allowed with police permission.
- NGOs travelling to assist with natural or humanitarian disasters must obtain permission from the State / District Disaster Management Committee, and the aid must be funnelled through the Disaster Operations Control Centre (PKOB).
- Interstate / inter-district travel for the purpose of COVID-19 vaccination is ALLOWED with the display of vaccine appointment on MySejahtera, website or SMS.
- Members of Parliament or State Assembly are ALLOWED to cross state or district lines.
- Interstate travel is FORBIDDEN for couples in long-distance relationships.
- Short-term business visitors are ALLOWED for official or business purposes under the One Stop Centre (OSC) Initiative, with police permission
General Health Protocols
- Premise owners and business licence holders must ensure that customers enter and leave the premises with a minimum physical distance of 1 metre.
- Premise owners and business licence holders are OBLIGATED to provide the MySejahtera QR Code and a logbook to register visits by their customers.
- Hand sanitisers must be provided at entry points, and customers must use them before entering the premise.
- The use of MySejahtera is MANDATORY in areas with good Internet connectivity. The use of a logbook is only allowed in areas with no Internet connectivity or reasonable excuses (senior citizens, no smartphone, etc.)
- Premise owners and business licence holders must ensure that customers check in using MySejahtera, or writing their name and telephone number manually if there is no Internet connectivity.
- In shopping malls, customers only need to scan their body temperatures ONCE at the mall entry point. It is not necessary to scan their body temperature at every premise in the mall.
- Those with body temperatures exceeding 37.5 degrees Celsius are NOT ALLOWED to enter.
- Malls and premise owners must ensure that only customers with Low Risk or Casual Contact Low Risk in MySejahtera are allowed to enter.
- Children 12 years or younger are NOT allowed in public places and facilities, EXCEPT in emergencies, treatment, education or exercise.
- Premise owners and business licence holders must restrict the number of customers within their premises to ensure at least 1 metre physical distancing.
- Every premise must publicly display the limit of customers allowed inside at any one time. The use of a numbered queue system is encouraged to control the number of customers.
- All building owners must provide QR Codes for each floor / level.
- It is MANDATORY for employees, suppliers and customers to properly wear face masks while within the premise.
- There must be good ventilation and aeration at the premise.
- It is MANDATORY to wear a face mask, especially in crowded public areas, EXCEPT in these places or situations :
a) hotel room or paid accommodation, alone or with your own family
b) Personal working space
c) Sporting activities and outdoor recreation
d) Personal vehicle, alone or with your own family
e) Indoor or outdoor public areas, when there are no other individuals
f) While eating or drinking in public areas, when there are no other individuals (except in restaurants or other food & beverage premises)
Civil + Private Employees
- Civil servants must work from home (WFH) completely, except for frontliners, security, defence and enforcement.
- Office attendance for essential services in the civil service must not exceed 20% at any one time, and must emphasise work that cannot be performed at home, like payment, maintenance, security, technical management, online meetings and ministerial documentation.
- Civil servants going to office must receive official attendance order and worker’s pass.
- Employee capacity for the private sector (essential services only) is limited to 60%, including both operations and management.
- Approved essential services must have official approval from 1 June 2021 onwards. Employee travel is limited to approved operations letter or worker’s pass or employer’s letter of authority.
- Meetings must be conducted via video conferencing.
- Seminars, workshops, courses, training and talks are FORBIDDEN, except through online methods or in-service training through Camp-Based Training.
Allowed Business + Services
- Restaurants, food shops, food stalls, food trucks, hawkers, food courts, hawker centres. food kiosks are ALLOWED to operate from 8 AM until 8 PM for takeaway, drive-through or delivery.
- Dine-in and park & dine services, and picnics are FORBIDDEN.
- Grocers and convenience stores are ALLOWED to operate from 8 AM until 8 PM.
- Hardware stores, vehicle workshops, childcare stores and religious stores are ALLOWED to operate from 8 AM until 8 PM.
- Healthcare services like hospitals, clinics and medical laboratories are ALLOWED to operate 24 hours, or up to their licensed operating hours.
- Pharmacies can operate from 8 AM until 8 PM.
- Petrol stations can operate from 6 AM until 8 PM, except for those on tolled highways which can operate 24 hours.
- Supermarkets, shopping malls, pharmacies, personal care stores, convenience stores, mini markets and departmental stores can only open sections limited to food, drinks and essential items, from 8 AM until 8 PM.
- Veterinarian clinics and pet food stores are ALLOWED to open from 8 AM until 8 PM.
- Laundry services and optical stores are allowed to operate from 8 AM until 8 PM. Self-service laundromats must ensure an employee is present on-premise.
- Daily and public markets are ALLOWED to open from 6 AM until 2 PM, subject to the local authorities, proper SOP and under RELA / PBT supervision.
- Controlled Fresh Produce Market (PST) are ALLOWED to open from 7 AM until 12 noon.
- Permanent Farm Market (PTK), MyFarm Outlet (MFO) and Local Farmer’s Association Complex (PPK) are ALLOWED to open from 6 AM until 4 PM.
- Wholesale markets are ALLOWED to open from 12:01 AM until 6 AM, and from 11 AM until 4 PM, subject to the local authorities, proper SOP and under RELA / PBT supervision.
- Night markets, farmer’s market, weekly markets and guest markets are FORBIDDEN
- Fishing for livelihood is ALLOWED.
- All public and private institutes of tertiary education, tahfiz centres and other educational institutes must CLOSE.
- Tertiary education will continue ONLINE.
- All public and private schools and education institutes, tuition centres, language centres, skill centres, counselling centres, etc. must CLOSE.
- Only international exams at international and expatriate schools are allowed.
- All face-to-face learning are FORBIDDEN, except for tertiary education students who require them.
- International and professional exams, as well as research activities requiring lab access in tertiary education facilities are ALLOWED.
- Students in boarding schools or universities are ALLOWED to continue using hybrid studies.
- Private and public kindergartens, kindergartens in private, international and expatriate schools and mind development centres for children 4 to 6 years old are NOT ALLOWED to operate, except for parents who are frontliners or both working.
- Home care or rehabilitation centres of children, the disabled (OKU), senior citizens, women and other care facilities are allowed to operate, subject to the SOP.
- Prayer activities are limited to a maximum of 12 mosque and surau committee members only. All other activities are FORBIDDEN.
- Islamic wedding ceremony (akad nikah) is ALLOWED only in the Islamic Religious Office / Department with the attendance capacity set by the State Religious Authority.
- Burial activities are allowed according to limits set by the State Religion Authority (Islam) or the National Unity Ministry (Non-Muslim).
- Non-Muslim houses of worship are limited to 12 committee members only, and congregants are NOT ALLOWED.
- Non-Muslim marriage registrations are allowed at the National Registration Department (JPN), houses of worship and religious associations, subject to limits set by JPN.
Sports + Recreation
- Individual sports and recreational activities without physical contact in open spaces are LIMITED to jogging and exercise with physical distancing of 2-3 metres within the neighbourhood, from 7 AM until 8 PM.
- Centralised training programs, including closed quarantined competitions using Camp Based Training are ALLOWED.
- Centralised training programs with quarantine by State Sports Councils using Camp Based Training are ALLOWED.
- Centralised training programs including quarantined training competitions for teams in the Malaysian Football League (MFL) using Camp Based Training are ALLOWED.
- Development and broadcasting of creative content through recording or live broadcasts include animation, filming, drama, promotions, sitcoms and the like, including dance, art activities theatre, musical arts, cultural and heritage performances as well as the music are FORBIDDEN, except for individual discussions and live-streaming.
MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : NEGATIVE LIST
These activities are FORBIDDEN.
- Spa, reflexology, massage, wellness, beauty, barber and hair saloons, pedicure and manicure
- Cybercafes and cybercenters
- Driving schools, maritime training centres, flight schools
- Photography activities
- Gambling, horse racing and casinos
- Factory manufacturing alcoholic beverages, and shops selling alcoholic beverages
- Night clubs or pubs
- Official and unofficial public and private events
- Feasts, festivals, weddings, engagements, receptions, aqiqah ceremonies, tahlil, anniversaries, birthdays, reunions, retreats and other social events.
- Receiving guests or visitors at home, except in emergencies or for delivery services.
- Seminars, workshops, courses, training, conferences, exhibitions, lectures and all MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) events that are face-to-face.
- Tourist attractions like zoos, farms, aquariums, edutainment centres, extreme parks, adventure parks, nature parks, etc.
- Souvenir and craft shops, culture and historical premises like museums, libraries, art galleries, native art and culture, stage performance, etc.
- Theme parks, family entertainment centres, indoor playgrounds, karaoke, etc.
- Interdistrict and interstate tourism – Overseas travel by citizens, and local travel involving foreigners.
- All sports and recreation activities EXCEPT those listed in this SOP.
- All sports and recreation premises and facilities, except public pars which are subject to the local authorities. – Sports and recreation that involve groups or physical contact.
- International or local championships, competitions, and matches, EXCEPT those organised by the National Sports Council and training matches for teams under the Malaysian Football League (MFL).
- Sports or recreational activities that cross district and state lines, EXCEPT with police permission.
- Hotel lounge performances
- Indoor or outdoor busking
- Any activity that involves many people gathering in one place until it is hard to maintain physical distancing, and compliance with the Director General of Health’s orders.
- Any other matter that may be decided by the Government from time to time.
Help Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced! ❤️
- Civil Servants : Fixed Allowance Cut For 3 Months!
- Lim Kok Wing, Limkokwing University Founder, Has Died!
- Sports + Exercise During FMCO Lockdown : What’s Allowed?
- Malaysia Total Lockdown SOP : 31 May 2021 Update!
- Breaking : TOTAL LOCKDOWN Across Malaysia For 2 Weeks!
- Check MySejahtera Even If You Failed To Get AstraZeneca 2.0!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 Gone In 1 Hour But More Doses Coming!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 : Those On Waiting List Can Also Register!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 Appointments Out From 26 May Onwards!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 For Below 60 : Registration Starts 26 May!
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca Vaccine Round 2!
- WARNING : Klang Valley ICUs Now At 113% Capacity!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Programme Round 2 : Get Ready!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Waiting List : Look Out For The Alert!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!