The Malaysia National Security Council just announced that barber shop, hair saloon and car wash will be allowed to open during MCO 2.0, together with night markets!
Malaysia MCO 2.0 : Hair Saloon + Car Wash Now Allowed!
On 4 February 2021, the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) announced that barber shop, hair saloon and car wash will be allowed to open during MCO 2.0, until 10 PM daily.
They also confirmed that night markets are also allowed to operate during MCO 2.0, from 4 PM until 10 PM.
These new rules take effect IMMEDIATELY, from 4 February 2021 onwards.
Malaysia MCO 2.0 : Updated SOP
With these changes, here is the updated SOP for MCO 2.0.
Please follow this SOP, because failure to do so could result in a compound of up to RM1,000 per offence!
- Two (2) persons are allowed to leave each household, in the same vehicle, to purchase food and other necessities.
- Up to 3 people (including the patient) are allowed to leave each household to seek healthcare.
- Travel is limited to a radius of 10 km from your household, unless there is no supply / availability within 10 km.
- Interstate and inter-district travel are FORBIDDEN.
- Tourism is FORBIDDEN.
- Travel for emergencies like funerals are allowed with permission from the police.
- Travel because of natural disasters are allowed.
- PCA and RGL travel arrangements between Malaysia and Singapore are allowed to continue.
Food & Beverage Industry
- Restaurants, cafes, hawker stalls, roadside stalls, food courts, food trucks are allowed to open from 6 AM to 10 PM.
- No dine-in is allowed. Only takeaway, drive-through and delivery are permitted
- Operation hours : 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Petrol stations on highways and expressways allowed to operate 24 hours
- Morning and farmers’ markets : 7 AM to 2 PM
- Wholesale markets : 11 AM to 4 PM, or 12 PM to 6 PM
- Night markets and late night bazaars : 4 PM until 10 PM
- Hospitals, clinics, medical labs : 24 hours
- Pharmacies : 6 AM to 10 PM
- Veterinary clinics + pet food stores : 6 AM to 10 PM
- Supermarkets are allowed to open from 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Groceries and convenience stores are allowed to open from 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Laundromats, including self-service laundromats : 6 AM to 10 PM
- Barber shops and hair saloons : Up to 10 PM.
- Car wash : until 10 PM.
- Optical shops : 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Clothing stores are FORBIDDEN.
Schools + Education
- Students who will undertake major examinations like SPM, SVM, SKM, STPM, STAM, and DVM for 2020 and 2021 are allowed to attend school with strict SOP.
- Matriculation colleges are allowed to operate.
- Students in boarding schools and universities are allowed to continue hybrid studying.
- International and professional exams are allowed.
- Research activities requiring lab access in institutes of higher learning are allowed.
- Lecturers and teachers are allowed to travel to teach classes with examinations.
- Kindergartens, nurseries and day care facilities are allowed to continue operating.
- Tuition, music, dance, art, language classes are FORBIDDEN.
Recommended : MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Running and jogging allowed, but limited to maximum of two (2) family members
- Cycling allowed, but limited to one (1) person, up to 10 km from household.
- Group cycling is FORBIDDEN.
- Physical distance of 2 metres should be maintained
- All other sporting activities are FORBIDDEN.
- Night clubs and pubs are FORBIDDEN.
- Theme parks, indoor playgrounds, family karaoke and cinemas are FORBIDDEN.
- Concerts and live events are FORBIDDEN.
- Spas, reflexology centres are FORBIDDEN.
Social + Religious Activities
- Parades and religious gatherings like Thaipusam are FORBIDDEN.
- Up to 5 committee members may manage mosques and other religious houses of worship.
- Weddings, parties, engagement parties, receptions, anniversary celebrations, birthday celebrations, reunions, retreats and other social events are FORBIDDEN.
Manufacturing + Business Activities
- The government has identified five (5) essential economic sectors that will be allowed to operate – manufacturing, construction, essential services, trade and distribution, as well as plantations and commodities.
- However, only 30% of the management team is allowed to be in the office.
- For unlisted sectors or non-essential services, employees are required to work from home.
- Conferences, meetings, seminars, courses and MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) activities are FORBIDDEN.
Recommended : 2021 MCO : Business Sectors Allowed By MITI
- 826 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 4 February 2021
- Hoax : Dr Noor Hisham Has Tendered His Resignation!
- Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
- Malaysia MCO / PKP Extended To 18 Feb 2021!
- 52 Stricter MCO Rules For 6 Months : Just Another Hoax!
- Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall : Another COVID-19 Case!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 29 January 2021
- Business Hours Extended, Night Markets + Logging Allowed!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Closed After One COVID-19 Case!
- Stellar Putrajaya Temporarily Closes Due To MCO 2.0
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana : One COVID-19 Case Today!
- Jaya Grocer Empire Subang : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Poh Huat Factories Closed With 543 COVID-19 Cases!
- Eateries + Restaurants In MCO Areas Can Open Till 10 PM!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!