The Malaysia National Security Council just announced that barber shop, hair saloon and car wash will be allowed to open during MCO 2.0, together with night markets!
Malaysia MCO 2.0 : Hair Saloon + Car Wash Now Allowed!
These new rules take effect IMMEDIATELY, from 4 February 2021 onwards.
Malaysia MCO 2.0 : Updated SOP
With these changes, here is the updated SOP for MCO 2.0.
Please follow this SOP, because failure to do so could result in a compound of up to RM1,000 per offence!
- Two (2) persons are allowed to leave each household, in the same vehicle, to purchase food and other necessities.
- Up to 3 people (including the patient) are allowed to leave each household to seek healthcare.
- Travel is limited to a radius of 10 km from your household, unless there is no supply / availability within 10 km.
- Interstate and inter-district travel are FORBIDDEN.
- Tourism is FORBIDDEN.
- Travel for emergencies like funerals are allowed with permission from the police.
- Travel because of natural disasters are allowed.
- PCA and RGL travel arrangements between Malaysia and Singapore are allowed to continue.
Food & Beverage Industry
- Restaurants, cafes, hawker stalls, roadside stalls, food courts, food trucks are allowed to open from 6 AM to 10 PM.
- No dine-in is allowed. Only takeaway, drive-through and delivery are permitted
- Operation hours : 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Petrol stations on highways and expressways allowed to operate 24 hours
- Morning and farmers’ markets : 7 AM to 2 PM
- Wholesale markets : 11 AM to 4 PM, or 12 PM to 6 PM
- Night markets and late night bazaars : 4 PM until 10 PM
- Hospitals, clinics, medical labs : 24 hours
- Pharmacies : 6 AM to 10 PM
- Veterinary clinics + pet food stores : 6 AM to 10 PM
- Supermarkets are allowed to open from 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Groceries and convenience stores are allowed to open from 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Laundromats, including self-service laundromats : 6 AM to 10 PM
- Barber shops and hair saloons : Up to 10 PM.
- Car wash : until 10 PM.
- Optical shops : 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Clothing stores are FORBIDDEN.
Schools + Education
- Students who will undertake major examinations like SPM, SVM, SKM, STPM, STAM, and DVM for 2020 and 2021 are allowed to attend school with strict SOP.
- Matriculation colleges are allowed to operate.
- Students in boarding schools and universities are allowed to continue hybrid studying.
- International and professional exams are allowed.
- Research activities requiring lab access in institutes of higher learning are allowed.
- Lecturers and teachers are allowed to travel to teach classes with examinations.
- Kindergartens, nurseries and day care facilities are allowed to continue operating.
- Tuition, music, dance, art, language classes are FORBIDDEN.
Recommended : MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Running and jogging allowed, but limited to maximum of two (2) family members
- Cycling allowed, but limited to one (1) person, up to 10 km from household.
- Group cycling is FORBIDDEN.
- Physical distance of 2 metres should be maintained
- All other sporting activities are FORBIDDEN.
- Night clubs and pubs are FORBIDDEN.
- Theme parks, indoor playgrounds, family karaoke and cinemas are FORBIDDEN.
- Concerts and live events are FORBIDDEN.
- Spas, reflexology centres are FORBIDDEN.
Social + Religious Activities
- Parades and religious gatherings like Thaipusam are FORBIDDEN.
- Up to 5 committee members may manage mosques and other religious houses of worship.
- Weddings, parties, engagement parties, receptions, anniversary celebrations, birthday celebrations, reunions, retreats and other social events are FORBIDDEN.
Manufacturing + Business Activities
- The government has identified five (5) essential economic sectors that will be allowed to operate – manufacturing, construction, essential services, trade and distribution, as well as plantations and commodities.
- However, only 30% of the management team is allowed to be in the office.
- For unlisted sectors or non-essential services, employees are required to work from home.
- Conferences, meetings, seminars, courses and MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) activities are FORBIDDEN.
Recommended : 2021 MCO : Business Sectors Allowed By MITI
- 826 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 4 February 2021
- Hoax : Dr Noor Hisham Has Tendered His Resignation!
- Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
- Malaysia MCO / PKP Extended To 18 Feb 2021!
- 52 Stricter MCO Rules For 6 Months : Just Another Hoax!
- Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall : Another COVID-19 Case!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 29 January 2021
- Business Hours Extended, Night Markets + Logging Allowed!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Closed After One COVID-19 Case!
- Stellar Putrajaya Temporarily Closes Due To MCO 2.0
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana : One COVID-19 Case Today!
- Jaya Grocer Empire Subang : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Poh Huat Factories Closed With 543 COVID-19 Cases!
- Eateries + Restaurants In MCO Areas Can Open Till 10 PM!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!