MKN just announced that fishing and more sports activities will be allowed during MCO!
Find out what has changed, and what it means for the MCO SOP in Malaysia!
MCO Changes Today : Fishing + More Sports, Gym Allowed!
On 11 February 2021, Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) announced that the government has decided to further liberalise the MCO SOP, to protect the economy.
Here are the changes announced by Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob :
- These changes are effective from 12 February 2021 onwards.
- Jogging, brisk walking, cycling and other forms of exercise are limited to TWO (2) persons, within the neighbourhood.
- Tennis, badminton and ping pong are allowed, limited to one player on each side (singles).
- 2-wheel and 4-wheel motorsports are allowed.
- Self training for football, basketball, hockey, and sepak takraw, are allowed.
- Gymnasiums, badminton courts, tennis courts, futsal courts, football fields and golf courses are allowed, according to advanced booking and schedule, to prevent crowding (30% max. capacity).
- Gymnasiums must ensure physical distance of 1-3 m for static activities, and 3-5 m for dynamic activities.
- Gym equipment must be spaced at least 2 metres apart, and must be sanitised after each use.
- Gym group classes are FORBIDDEN. The use of changing rooms and shower rooms are FORBIDDEN.
- At golf courses, every buggy is limited to one person, and caddies must wear face masks and gloves at all time. Club houses, changing rooms and shower rooms are FORBIDDEN.
- All group sports and contact sports are still FORBIDDEN.
Fisheries + Recreational Fishing
- Fishing and related activities are allowed from 12 February 2021 onwards.
- Fishing ponds, houseboats, kelongs, raft houses, fishing boats are now allowed.
- Fishing ponds must be registered with the local authorities and the fisheries department
- Houseboats, raft houses, kelongs and fishing boats must be registered with the local authorities
- Every person must maintain a physical distance of 2 metres, and their seating positions marked
- Every person must register using MySejahtera or a manual logbook.
- Every premise must undergo sanitisation every 2 hours during operation hours, and deep cleaning after operational hours.
- Operational hours are only from 8 AM until 10 PM.
- Fishing competitions and festivals are FORBIDDEN.
- Houseboats, fishing boats, raft houses that are rented out for fishing trips cannot exceed 50% of maximum capacity.
- Owners of houseboats, fishing boats, raft houses must register their clients using MySejahtera or a manual logbook.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- MCO : Driving + Flight Schools Can Reopen!
- 936 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 11 February 2021
- MKN : Use MySejahtera, Not Log Book, Or Get Fined!
- MKN Allows Dining, Retail, Creative Industry, Sports Training
- J&T Express Package Wrapped With Pink Underwear!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- CNY Reunion Dinner SOP : Top 5 Questions Answered!
- Another U-Turn : Pub, Nightclub Cannot Sell Food Or Drinks!
- Warning : RM1K Fine If You Stand Too Close In A Queue!
- Chinese New Year SOP U-Turn Invites More Questions!
- J&T Express Workers On Strike Over Pay Cut?
- Disgusting Fish Processing Factory In Kepong Shut Down!
- Here Is The Updated Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- Why The Chinese New Year SOP Lacks Common Sense!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!