Good news – outdoor sports and recreational activities are now allowed during MCO 3.0!
Find out what is the latest U-turn in MCO restrictions by the Malaysian government!
MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Everyone Can Exercise Outdoors Again!
On 6 May 2021, the Ministry of Youth and Sports announced that all sports and recreational activities are FORBIDDEN in MCO areas, without their expressed permission.
This rule was to kick off today – 7 May 2021, but after being roundly criticised for decision, they walked back their decision halfway.
At 9:15 PM on 7 May 2021, the Ministry of Youth and Sports announced that the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) agreed to loosen the earlier restrictions on sports and exercise in MCO 3.0 areas.
Sports and recreational activities in open spaces without physical touching, like jogging, cycling, exercise and so on will be allowed in MCO areas, subject to these restrictions :
- there must be physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres, and
- it must be within your neighbourhood, or limited to whichever areas in your district that are under MCO restrictions.
This new rule begins today, on 8 May 2021!
MCO 3.0 : What Areas Do Exercise Restrictions Apply?
These sports and exercise restrictions apply to ALL areas under MCO restrictions :
Selangor : 6 May 2021 until 17 May 2021
- Hulu Langat : Hulu Langat, Ampang, Cheras, Hulu Semenyih, Kajang, Semenyih, Beranang
– Bukit Raja
– Sungai Buloh : Subang, Bandar Damansara, Sungai Buloh, Bandar Sri Damansara, Merbau Sempak
– Damansara : Subang Jaya, Pekan Hicom, Bandar Sunway, Bandar Petaling Jaya, Kayu Ara, Bandar Glenmarie, Bandar Saujana, Shah Alam, Batu Tiga, Country Height
– Petaling : Puchong, Kinrara, Sungai Besi, Serdang
- Gombak : Batu, Rawang, Setapak, Ulu Kelang
- Klang : Klang, Kapar
- Kuala Langat : Bandar, Batu, Jugra, Kelanang, Morib, Tanjung 12, Teluk Panglima Garang
- Sepang : Sepang town, Dengkil, Labu
Kuala Lumpur : 7 May 2021 until 20 May 2021
- All areas
Johor : 7 May 2021 until 20 May 2021
- Johor Bahru : Jelutong, Plentong, Pulai, Sungai Tiram, Tanjung Kupang, Tebrau, Bandar Johor Bahru
- Kulai : Bukit Batu, Kulai Town, Sedenak, Senai
- Kota Tinggi : Johor Lama, Kambau, Kota Tinggi Town, Pantai Timur, Pengerang, Sedili Besar, Sedili Kechil, Tanjung Surat, Ulu Sungai Johor, Ulu Sungai Sedili Besar
Perak : 7 May 2021 until 20 May 2021
- Larut, Matang and Selama : Batu Kurau, Bukit Gantang, Matang, Sungai Tinggi, Trong
Terengganu : 7 May 2021 until 20 May 2021
- Besut district : Kampung Raja, Lubuk Kawah, Pelagat, Tenang, Keluang, Bukit Kenak, Kubang Bemban, Jabi, Kerandang, Pengkalan Nangka, Pasir Akar, Tembila, Bukit Puteri, Kuala Besut
- KL + Parts Of Perak, Johor, Terengganu Under MCO Too!
- Selangor Closes Schools + Ramadan Bazaars!
- Travel For COVID-19 Vaccination Do NOT Need Police Permit!
- MCO In Selangor + Hari Raya SOP Updates!
- More AstraZeneca Doses OTW, Open To Other States Too!
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Optional, Offered To Volunteers!
- When Can You Apply For Same Day COVID-19 Vaccination?
- No More UPSR + PT3 Exams Cancelled This Year!
- Raya Holiday Extended + Schools Closed For 2 Weeks!
- Sinovac Vaccine From Pharmaniaga Gets Approved!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 10 May 2021!
- TK Bakery Taman Segar : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!