Menara Public Bank was just deep cleaned after an employee tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and what measures they took…
Public Bank HQ : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
On 13 October 2020, Public Bank announced that a staff member at Menara Public Bank tested positive for COVID-19 on 12 October 2020.
They did not reveal their employee’s position, but shared that this employee had not reported to work since 10 October 2020.
They immediately carried out a deep cleaning on the “affected floors” in Menara Public Bank, in accordance to Ministry of Health guidelines.
As an added precaution, they also cleaned and sanitised all common areas, and will carry out the disinfection of the entire Menara Public Bank.
They also placed all employees who were in close contact with the affected staff member on home quarantine, and had them tested for COVID-19 at a private hospital.
Public Bank Official Statement On COVID-19 Exposure
Thorough Disinfection Following Confirmed COVID-19 Case in Menara Public Bank
Public Bank confirms that one of its staff at Menara Public Bank, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, has been tested positive for COVID-19 on 12 October 2020. The said staff had not reported to work since 10 October 2020.
Deep cleansing and thorough sanitisation activities have been carried out immediately on the affected floors in accordance with Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia guidelines. As an added precaution, the Bank has also deeply cleansed and sanitised all common areas. Disinfection will also be carried out in the entire building.
All employees who had come into close contact with that affected staff had been placed on home-quarantine and tested for COVID-19 at the Bank’s appointed private hospital.
Public Bank’s Management is continuously enhancing the staff safety measures to contain any potential risks. All staff have been advised to practise self-hygiene and adhere closely to the Standard Operating Procedures issued by Ministry of Health, as well as the provisions of Conditional Movement Control Order.
The safety and wellbeing of every staff is Public Bank’s top priority. Public Bank is also taking all necessary precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of its staff and customers in the Bank’s premises.
Public Bank COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
Public Bank had obviously traced their employee’s close contacts, which is why it is important to log your movements with MySejahtera, or the physical logbook.
If you happen to be in close contact with the affected Public Bank employee, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine and undergo a COVID-19 screening test.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean Menara Public Bank of any infectious particles.
More importantly, face masks greatly reduce the risk of infection. That’s why it is critical for everyone to wear a face mask in public.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info By MyGCC?
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : What’s Allowed + Not Allowed
- Origani Staff Confirmed NEGATIVE For COVID-19!
- The Curve Deep-Cleaned After Staff Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Mid Valley Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Case
- Entire Sabah Under CMCO Lockdown Starting 13 October!
- MBSB Sultan Ismail : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Maybank Bandar Puteri Puchong : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure
- 3 Damansara : Deep Cleaning After COVID-19 Case
- All Schools + Kindergartens To Close For 2 Weeks In Petaling!
- Mid Valley + Gardens : 3 Outlets Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Bangsar Shopping Centre : Closed For COVID-19 Cleaning!
- OTK Gombak : Sanitised After COVID-19 Case
- Tropicana Golf : Closed For COVID-19 Cleaning + Screening
- 1 Utama Shut Down, Visitors Advised To Screen For COVID-19
- Maybank Bandar Sri Damansara : COVID-19 Infection?
- Parkson 1 Utama : Shut Down After COVID-19 Infection!
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Klang, Sandakan, Papar + Tuaran : Lock Down On 9 October!
- 1 Utama : Update On Mac City After COVID-19 Infection!
- Sime Darby HQ Shut Down Because Of COVID-19
- SMK Taman Sea : Teacher Tested Positive For COVID-19?
- Tung Shin Hospital : 5 Patients Test Positive For COVID-19
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught In Mahkota Parade?
- Kota Kinabalu, Penampang, Putatan To Lock Down On 7 Oct!
- Paradigm Mall : Brands Outlet Staff Infected With COVID-19!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!