Only certain business sectors are allowed to operate during the newly-announced 2021 MCO (Movement Control Order).
Here is the full list of businesses that are allowed to operate during the 2021 MCO!
2021 MCO : Not All Business Sectors Are Allowed To Operate
- Kuala Lumpur
This MCO / PKP 2.0 lockdown will start from 12:01 AM on Wednesday, 13 January 2021 and tentatively end on 26 January 2021.
During this 2021 MCO / PKP lockdown, people are expected to work from home, except for critical business sectors.
In MCO areas, only up to 30% of Management staff can be present in the office at any one time.
The number of support staff and production workers will be determined by the employer, based on the strict adherence to the SOP.
MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
The government identified five (5) essential business sectors that will be allowed to operate during MCO / PKP – manufacturing, construction, essential services, trade and distribution, as well as plantations and commodities.
That sounds overly generic, so the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) just released a comprehensive list of business sectors allowed to operate during the MCO.
A. Manufacturing + Fabrication
- Aerospace, including MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) services
- Automotive manufacturing and after sales services
- Food and beverage, and their supply chains
- Printing and packaging
- Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) – household products and self-care products, and cleaning supplies, including supply chain
- Medicine and healthcare businesses, including dietary supplements
- Personal protective equipment and fire safety equipment
- Components for medical devices
- Electrical and electronics
- Oil and Gas
- Petrochemical and petrochemical products
- Chemical products
- Machine and tools
- Ceramics (ceramic moulds for glove manufacturing)
- Iron and steel works
- Textile (involving PPE production)
- Furniture sector
- Production, distillation, storage, supply and distribution of fuel and lubricants
- Maintenance and critical repairs
- Construction of key public infrastructure
- Building construction with proper worker’s accommodation at work site, or CLQ (Centralised Labour Quarters)
- Financial services, like
a) Financial institutions (banking, insurance, Takaful, other entities licensed, approved or registered by Bank Negara Malaysia).
b) Capital market entities licensed, registered, or regulated by the Securities Commission of Malaysia.
- Local government and municipal services, including
a) Pawn shops / community credit (licensed money lenders)
b) solid waste / sewerage maangement
c) Public cleaning services
d) Cleaning and sanitation services
- Telecommunication and digital infrastructure, including ICT services and GBS (Global Business Services).
- E-commerce and its supply chain, including e-marketplace services, digital payments and local e-commerce Internet centre.
- Hotel and accommodations
- Agriculture, fisheries and livestock sectors, including veterinary services.
a) Plantation / bird’s nest / horse / livestock processing plant / slaughterhouse / livestock feed plant / suppliers including vaccines / livestock management / pet shops (livestock transfers only at night)
b) Disease control and regulation of livestock, livestock inputs and products related to the livestock industry (including exports and imports
c) Health management, disease diagnosis and animal treatments
- Water and energy utilities
- Professional services, including accountants, lawyers, auditors, engineers, architects
Scientific services, including R&D
Technical services, including maintenance
- Security services
- Security and Defence
- Land, water and air transportation
- Port and airport services, including cargo loading and unloading, storage or transfer of commodities
D. Trade Distribution
- Warehousing and logistics
- Food and beverage services, sale, and delivery
- Retail, distribution and wholesale
E. Plantation + Commodities
- Agriculture, fisheries and livestock and their supply chains
- Plantation and commodities, and their supply chains
- Any service, work, industry or business that is determined by the Minister of Health, after consultation with authorities regulating them.
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- The Ming Room BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas!
- 555 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 11 January 2021
- ISETAN KLCC + Lot 10 : Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Huckleberry BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Maxim Dim Sum Pekaka : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ IPC : More Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Dragon Noodle 龍鬚麵 : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees NOT Positive For COVID-19!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Maybank Taman Malim Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Bursa Malaysia : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19
- Several Genting Highlands Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!