Even though travel restrictions have been lifted nationwide, MITI confirmed that their Work From Home directive still applies!
Here is what you need to know about the MITI Work From Home directive for RMCO, CMCO and TEMCO areas!
MITI : Work From Home Directive Still Applies!
Therefore, businesses are expected to continue implementing their work from home policies.
MITI Work From Home Directive : What You Need To Know!
Here is a refresher course on the MITI Work From Home directive, based on the latest 23 October 2020 FAQ :
1. Is WFH Mandatory?
WFH is compulsory for management and supervisory staff in CMCO and TEMCO areas, including those involved in tasks like:
WFH is not compulsory for employees of these sectors, who are allowed to work as normal :
- retail stores, grocery stores, convenience stores
- food stalls, food courts, restaurants
- plantation and agriculture
- transportation – express bus, LRT, MRT, taxi, e-hailing
- food delivery services
2. What If We Need To Be In The Office?
Up to 10 per cent of management and supervisory staff can be in the office, limited to 4 hours only – from 10 AM until 2 PM – for up to 3 days a week.
If the company has 10 people or fewer in the management and supervisory group, only one (1) person is allowed to come to the office at one time.
The company must issue an authorisation letter for each employee who is allowed to work.
3. Can We Rotate?
Companies can create a rotation system for their management and supervisory staff.
The company should maintain the rotation schedule, as well as a list of those who are working from home, and those who are allowed to work in the office.
4. Can We Change The Working Hours?
No, MITI requires companies to comply with these rules for management and supervisory staff :
- maximum of 4 hours a day
- from 10 AM until 2 PM
- maximum of 3 days a week
5. Do We Need To Get Tested Before Working In The Office?
COVID-19 screening is not mandatory for staff who are working in the office. It is only mandatory for :
- foreign workers in the construction sector
- security guards
- all workers from red zones who are symptomatic
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 402 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 11 December 2020
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP!
- Arte Cheras : Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan With 163 Cases!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!