Please note that you must now use MySejahtera, and manual log books are no longer accepted!
Warn your family and friends, because they could get fined RM1,000 for not using MySejahtera!
MKN : Use MySejahtera, Not Log Book, Or Get Fined!
COVID-19 contact tracing requires timely and accurate logging of everyone’s movements, which has been accomplished by many apps and manual logbooks in Malaysia.
On 9 February 2021, the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) announced that everyone must now use MySejahtera.
Starting from Wednesday, 10 February 2021, everyone in Malaysia must use the MySejahtera app to log their movements in public areas.
You can use other contact tracing apps as well, but only in addition to MySejahtera, which is MANDATORY.
The use of manual logbooks is no longer allowed, except in rural areas where Internet connectivity is poor or not available.
If you are fail to log your movements using MySejahtera, you can be issued a fine of RM 1,000 per person, per offence!
Unfortunately, the government did not detail how people who do not own a smartphone are supposed to log their travel.
Now, the RM 1,000 fine for not logging your movement in public places is not new. Malaysian netizens have shared videos and photos of enforcement checks for months now.
MySejahtera : What Is It?
MySejahtera is a mobile app developed by the Malaysian government. It serves as a contact tracing tool, as well as a way to disseminate verified information on COVID-19 in Malaysia.
Its users can log their movements by quickly and simply scanning a QR code at public places. This is a safer option to signing a logbook, because you won’t need to touch the logbook or use a shared pen.
Using MySejahtera also allows the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) to easier and faster conduct contact tracing.
Please note that EVERY PERSON – including children and domestic helpers – must be registered.
Unfortunately, the government has not stated what people should do, if they do not have a smartphone.
- 923 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 10 February 2021
- MKN Allows Dining, Retail, Creative Industry, Sports Training
- J&T Express Package Wrapped With Pink Underwear!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- CNY Reunion Dinner SOP : Top 5 Questions Answered!
- Another U-Turn : Pub, Nightclub Cannot Sell Food Or Drinks!
- Warning : RM1K Fine If You Stand Too Close In A Queue!
- Chinese New Year SOP U-Turn Invites More Questions!
- J&T Express Workers On Strike Over Pay Cut?
- Disgusting Fish Processing Factory In Kepong Shut Down!
- Here Is The Updated Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- Why The Chinese New Year SOP Lacks Common Sense!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!