Malaysia has conditionally approved the Moderna Spikevax COVID-19 vaccine!
Find out this means for the COVID-19 vaccination program in Malaysia!
Malaysia Approves Moderna Spikevax COVID-19 Vaccine!
On 5 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that the Drug Control Authority (DCA) issued a conditional registration for the following vaccines :
This conditional registration allows the Moderna Spikevax COVID-19 vaccine to be used in the Malaysia COVID-19 vaccination program.
Moderna Spikevax Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
The Moderna Spikevax vaccine (formerly known as mRNA-1273) is an mRNA vaccine like the Pfizer-BioNTech COMIRNATY vaccine.
The Spikevax vaccine uses mRNA (messenger RNA) instructions to teach your cells to create the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
Once presented on the surface of those cells, the spike protein triggers the immune system to create antibodies that will protect you against the real SARS-CoV-2 virus.
The Moderna Spikevax is a 2-dose vaccine with 94.1% efficacy against symptomatic COVID-19.
- Three Jaya Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 In August 2021!
- Is Delta Variant Spreading Through Gas / Petrol Pumps?
- Home Renovation Now Allowed In PPN Phase 1 Areas!
- Section 17 Market : Closed After Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Walk-In Vaccination For Senior Citizens Across Malaysia!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!