The first batch of AstraZeneca vaccine ran out in just 3.5 hours, but don’t worry – more are coming, and it will be offered in other states too!
More AstraZeneca Doses OTW, Open To Other States Too!
The optional vaccination programme using the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine was an astounding success, with all 268,800 slots taken up in just 3.5 hours!
But if you missed this initial roll-out of the AstraZeneca vaccine, don’t worry.
The National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, announced that Malaysia will receive another ONE MILLION DOSES of the AstraZeneca vaccine thorough COVAX this month, May 2021.
In addition, they will expand the opt-in AstraZeneca vaccination programme to all other states in Malaysia, except Sarawak – which has sadly declined the offer.
They will also ensure that those without Internet access can also sign up.
In the meantime, you can continue to register for the AstraZeneca vaccine, and put yourself in the waiting list.
The earlier you register, the earlier you will get this vaccine, because it is given on a first-come, first-served basis.
This is different from the mainstream COVID-19 vaccination programme, which allocates vaccine based on morbidity and mortality risk.
So this opt-in programme for the AstraZeneca vaccine offers people eager to get vaccinated, a short cut. A way to get vaccinated ahead of the queue.
AstraZeneca Vaccine : Is It Safe To Get?
Many people are worried about the risk of getting blood clots from the AstraZeneca vaccine.
The fact is – the risk is incredibly small – certainly much, MUCH smaller than the risk of developing blood clots with COVID-19, which can be as high as 41% in positive patients, and up to 95% in severe COVID-19 cases.
Blood clots can also develop (through different mechanisms) with smoking and the use of oral contraceptive pills (OCP).
We created this table to better demonstrate the risk to you.
severe COVID-19 cases
|Up to 95%||45,238X|
in COVID-19 cases
|Up to 41%||19,524X|
|Dying from COVID-19 Infection||0.25% to|
|119X to 4762X|
|Thrombosis from OCP|
|Up to 0.46%||219X|
|Thrombosis from Smoking||0.18%||85.7X|
|Thrombosis from OCP|
|Up to 0.01%||4.8X|
So, is it safe to get the AstraZeneca vaccine that’s being offered to people age 18 years and above in Malaysia?
We only tell you that the risk is exceedingly low. At most, 21 out of 1 million people who receive this vaccine will potentially develop this condition.
Based on the risk-benefit analysis performed by the EMA Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), it is obvious that for a high-incidence country like Malaysia, the benefits far outweigh the risks.
More importantly, that we are aware of this particular side effect, both doctors and vaccine recipients can look out for the symptoms and quickly seek treatment.
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Optional, Offered To Volunteers!
- When Can You Apply For Same Day COVID-19 Vaccination?
- No More UPSR + PT3 Exams Cancelled This Year!
- Raya Holiday Extended + Schools Closed For 2 Weeks!
- Sinovac Vaccine From Pharmaniaga Gets Approved!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 10 May 2021!
- TK Bakery Taman Segar : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- PDRM Tightens Interstate Travel For Social Visits, Not Work!
- Tanker Hits Juru Toll, Spills 20,000 Litres Of Oil!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- You Can Ask To Vaccinate On Same Day As Your Spouse!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Police Limits Interstate Travel To Just 3 Situations!
- Public Bank Segambut Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Putrajaya Buka Puasa Picnic Did Not Follow SOP?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!