Murni Discovery shut down all of their restaurants after 7 of their staff members at their Cheras restaurant tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and whether you need to be concerned!
Murni Discovery Cheras : 7 COVID-19 Cases Confirmed!
On 17 November 2020, Murni Discovery announced that 7 of their staff members at their Cheras outlet have tested positive for COVID-19.
The first staff member tested positive for COVID-19 on 14 November 2020, and they immediately closed all of their restaurants the next day, 15 November 2020.
They also sent all of their staff for tests, which came back positive for 6 additional staff members at their Cheras branch on 17 November 2020.
They have fully sanitised all Murni Discovery branches, which will remain closed until further notice.
- Murni Discovery Cheras, Pusat Perniagaan Danau Lumayan
- Murni Kelana Jaya, Jalan SS 6/12
- Murni SS2, Jalan SS 2/75
- Murni Bukit Jalil, Jalan 16/155C
- Murni Kepong, Jalan Metro Perdana 8
- Murni Desa Mentari, Jalan PJS 6/6B
They are advising customers who patronised their Cheras branch in November to “comply with KKM’s instruction for immediate testing and 14-days quarantine“.
Murni Discovery : Official Statement On COVID-19 Cases
Here is the official statement by Murni Discovery on the COVID-19 cases at their Cheras restaurant :
Dear beloved customers,
TEMPORARY CLOSURE DUE TO COVID-19
Please be informed that one of our staff at Cheras branch was confirmed Covid-19 positive on 14th November evening. We have immediately closed ALL Murni branches from 15th November and arranged ALL of our staff to be tested. Test results today confirm further 6 staff from Cheras branch were tested positive while all staff from other branches have tested negative.
We have executed full sanitisation at ALL Murni branches. In addition, ALL Murni branches will remain closed until further notice, for extra safety measures and extended precautions.
We strongly advise all customers who have patronised our Cheras branch in month of November to comply with KKM’s instruction for immediate testing and 14-days quarantine.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thank you.
Murni Discovery Cheras COVID-19 Cases : Should You Be Concerned?
Needless to say, Murni Discovery will be working with the Ministry of Health to identify close contacts of their affected staff members.
Those identified as close contacts will be contacted by the MOH, and asked to self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
This why it is important to log your movements with MySejahtera, or the physical logbook.
While all businesses are supposed to offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the restaurant of any infectious particles.
But most important of all – we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
You should also remember to always wash your hands with soap, or use a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Vintry Damansara : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Gurney Paragon Residences : 1 COVID-19 Case Confirmed!
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught Outside Jelutong Market
- UNIQLO Fahrenheit 88 : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Did Old Town White Coffee Use PORK In Curry Mee?!
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO? 🤔
- CMCO / PKPB Lockdown SOP for Peninsular Malaysia!
- KL, Putrajaya + 8 States : CMCO Lockdown Until 6 December!
- IKEA Damansara : Closed After Potential COVID-19 Case!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Reopens After 48 COVID Cases!
- Bayan Lepas Lady Caught Breaking COVID-19 Quarantine!
- Komugi 1 Utama : Closed After Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- KPJ Penang : Patient + 8 Frontliners Positive For COVID-19
- 7 Eleven @ M City Ampang : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Royal Selangor Golf Club : 5th Case, Members Please Get Tested!
- Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara?
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!