Tesco Mutiara Damansara will close until further notice, after 7 additional employees tested positive for COVID-19!
Tesco Mutiara Damansara : 7 New COVID Cases Identified!
On 14 October, Tesco Mutiara Damansara reported that an intern tested positive for COVID-19. They deep cleaned the store overnight and reopened normally the next day.
They identified 53 close contacts of the intern amongst their employees, who were immediately home quarantined from 14 October onwards and subsequently tested for COVID-19.
Today, they announced that the Ministry of Health confirmed that seven (7) of their 53 employees tested positive for COVID-19, and are now receiving treatment at the Sungai Buloh Hospital.
- two (2) customer facing employees
- four (4) non-customer facing employees
- one (1) works in the mall
All seven have not been inside the mall since 14 October 2020.
Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Closed For COVID-19 Screening + Cleaning
As a result of the seven new COVID-19 cases, the Tesco Mutiara Damansara management will close the entire store on 24 October 2020 until further notice.
They will then conduct COVID-19 screening tests on all of their employees and tenants – some 500 of them. They will only be allowed to return to work, after testing negative.
They will also sanitise and deep-clean Tesco Mutiara Damansara on the night of 25 October 2020.
Tesco Online orders will be fulfilled by other Tesco stores.
Tesco Mutiara Damansara COVID-19 Cases : Should You Be Concerned?
If you happen to be in close contact with the Tesco Mutiara Damansara employees who tested positive, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine and undergo a COVID-19 screening test.
These shopping mall infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the branch of any infectious particles.
More importantly, face masks greatly reduce the risk of infection. That’s why it is critical for everyone to wear a face mask in public.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Exposure Alert!
- ANGKASA : All Offices Closed After Two COVID-19 Cases
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- SOGO Shah Alam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre : One COVID-19 Case
- Petsmore SS2 + 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls!
- Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : 3rd Outlet Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- 50 Employees At PROTON Shah Alam Positive For COVID-19!
- Rotiboy Reopens Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- SMK Simpang Bekoh : Closed 7 Days After COVID-19 Case
- What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today!
- PJ Digital Mall Closed For Cleaning After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- IMR Finds D614G Mutation In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!