The Malaysian government just clarified who needs to apply for MyTravelPass, and who can travel without applying for it!
Here is what you need to know!
MyTravelPass : What Is It?
Launched in October 2020, MyTravelPass is an online system that lets Malaysians and foreigners apply for entry or exit permits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is meant to replace email applications, and reduce the application time to a maximum of five days.
Even so, travellers must apply for MyTravelPass at least 14 days before the expected date of travel.
Read more : Latest Foreign Travel Rules For Malaysian Citizens!
MyTravelPass (MTP) : https://mtp.imi.gov.my/
MyTravelPass Enquiries : http://eapp.imi.gov.my/spo *
* Note : This page lacks SSL encryption, so your web browser may warn you about this.
Check MyTravelPass Application Status : https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/semakan
Check Immigration Travel Status : https://sspi.imi.gov.my/SSPI/
MyOnline Passport : https://eservices.imi.gov.my/myimms/myPassport *
* Note : This Immigration Malaysia website is using an outdated security configuration, so your web browser may warn you about this.
MyTravelPass : Over 127K Applications Rejected!
On 23 June 2021, the Malaysian government posted a summary of the latest travel rules, including who needs to apply for MyTravelPass and who don’t.
However, from 7 October until 10 September 2021, the Immigration Department had to reject 127,465 (35.8%) out of 356,510 applications received, mainly due to four reasons :
- Name is in the Immigration Department’s blacklist
- Incomplete documentation
- Uploaded documents are unreadable
- Forged documents
MyTravelPass : Who Needs To Apply + Who Don’t?
The Malaysian government noted that some airlines have insisted that all passengers must show their MyTravelPass, even though certain categories are exempted from such a requirement.
The Minister of Transportation, Wee Ka Siong, will remind those airlines to follow the Immigration Department’s guidelines on who needs to apply for MyTravelPass, and who don’t.
Must Apply For MyTravelPass
- Malaysian citizens who just received a job offer, or offer to study overseas.
- Students who wish to sit for examinations overseas.
- Those who wish to attend meetings / seminars / conduct business overseas.
- Those who wish to participate in exhibitions / sporting competitions / training oversees with supporting letter from the Agency in charge.
- Matters of emergency involving immediate family members, like death, accident or sickness.
- Holders of spouse / fiancé (marriage that is not officially registered) visa
- Those joining humanitarian assistance or religious missions with approval letter from the JPM Joint Committee, together with other supporting documents
Do NOT Need To Apply For MyTravelPass
- Diplomats and Malaysian embassy officers who are going on duty overseas, or returning from duty, with their dependents.
- Students and dependents who are continuing their education, with the condition that they already have a valid student visa or dependent’s visa.
- Holders of Long Term Passes (Permanent Resident / Resident’s Pass / Work Pass and so on).
- Those working with petroleum companies, or shipping companies who need to sign-onto ships overseas.
- Those escorting students travelling overseas for their studies, limited to two (2) escorts only. These escorts must travel out of Malaysia with the student at the same time.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- 80% Of Adolescents To Get COVID-19 Vaccine By Mar 2022!
- 3 October School Reopening : What You Need To Know!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 2 SOP : 9 Sept. 2021 Edition!
- Langkawi Tourism Bubble : What You Need To Know!
- Are Chinese Vaccines The Most Effective Vs. Delta Variant?
- National Recovery Plan SOP Updates On 8 Sept. 2021!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!