Does the National Cancer Institute in Putrajaya offer free medication, and cheap chemotherapy?
Take a look at the viral claim, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Claim : National Cancer Institute Offers Free Meds + Cheap Chemo!
This message has been circulating on WhatsApp for several years now :
Truth : National Cancer Institute Offer Is Fake News!
The viral message has been going around since 2016, and is FAKE NEWS. Let’s take a look at the facts…
Fact #1 : National Cancer Institute Was Established In 2013
The National Cancer Institute began operations on 2 September 2013, providing world-class treatments and healthcare for cancer patients.
That ties in with the first circulation of this fake message around 2016, which claims that the hospital is less than 3 years old.
Fact #2 : National Cancer Institute Is A Public Hospital
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) is a public hospital under the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM). Therefore, it is no surprise that it provides treatments at highly affordable rates.
However, it is misleading to refer people to the National Cancer Institute for free medication and cheap chemotherapy, because the NCI charges the SAME RATES as other KKM public hospitals!
Fact #3 : Charges Are All Wrong
As mentioned in Fact #3, the National Cancer Institute charges the same rates as other public hospitals.
The NCI website even refers patients to the Malaysia Ministry of Health’s page on hospital charges, which will show you that the fees mentioned are wrong :
- Each chemotherapy treatment costs RM200 for First Class, RM100 for Second Class, and just RM50 for Third Class.
- A private room with air-conditioning costs RM80 per day.
- A private room without air-conditioning costs RM60 per day.
- A twin-sharing room, without air-conditioning costs RM40 per day.
The prices mentioned above are accurate as of 29 October 2021.
Fact #4 : NCI Called The Post “Fabricated” And “Baseless”
The Director of the National Cancer Institute actually issued a press release on 18 August 2016, which labelled the post as “fabricated” and “baseless”.
- Perlis, Perak, Penang, Sabah + Kedah Upgraded To Phase 4!
- I-TECH Study: Ivermectin FAILS To Prevent Severe COVID-19!
- Timah Whiskey : Sold + Moving To China?!
- Can You Now Register 5-11 Yo Kids For COVID-19 Vaccine?
- FDA Approves Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine For 5-11 Yo Children!
- Has Chlorine Dioxide Just Been Proven To Cure COVID-19?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!