Nestle Malaysia announced that one of their employees tested positive for COVID-19 recently!
Nestle Malaysia : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 18 November 2020, Nestle Malaysia confirmed that one of their employees tested positive for COVID-19.
The employee was detected through a routine COVID-19 antigen screening test that Nestle Malaysia has been conducting across their manufacturing facilities and distribution centre.
Here was their official statement on their COVID-19 exposure :
Nestle Malaysia has detected one positive COVID-19 case from the an employee during a routine screening exercise for COVID-19. The employee is in stable condition whilst undergoing medical treatment.
Nestle Malaysia has been proactively conduction COVID-19 antigen screening to protect the safety and health of all employees across its manufacturing facilities and distribution centre.
We have taken the immediate actions below:
- The Ministry of Health Malaysia has been notified.
- Full disinfection and sanitisation of the area has been carried out.
- Contact tracing protocols have been activated.
- Anyone who may have been identified as having direct contact with the above-mentioned case has been placed under quarantine and will undergo the required screening protocols.
- The work site has safely resumed operations.
Nestle Malaysia COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
Nestle Malaysia appears to have nipped this in the bud by proactively testing all of their employees, catching that single case.
They did not mention how many close contacts were identified, but it looks like they have all been quarantined and will be tested.
Depending on whether they test positive or negative, additional contact tracing may be carried out.
There is NO NEED to worry about getting infected through purchase of Nestle products. Fomite exposure has not been proven to be cause COVID-19 infections.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is also easily destroyed by soap, so if you are worried, just wipe down your parcels with soap and water.
But most important of all – always wash your hands with soap, or use a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- UNIQLO Empire Subang : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- Kelantan Under CMCO Lockdown Starting 21 November! 😱
- Mydin Bukit Jambul Caught Man With COVID-19 Bracelet!
- Vintry Damansara : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Murni Discovery Cheras : 7 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases!
- Gurney Paragon Residences : 1 COVID-19 Case Confirmed!
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught Outside Jelutong Market
- UNIQLO Fahrenheit 88 : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Did Old Town White Coffee Use PORK In Curry Mee?!
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO? 🤔
- CMCO / PKPB Lockdown SOP for Peninsular Malaysia!
- KL, Putrajaya + 8 States : CMCO Lockdown Until 6 December!
- IKEA Damansara : Closed After Potential COVID-19 Case!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Reopens After 48 COVID Cases!
- Bayan Lepas Lady Caught Breaking COVID-19 Quarantine!
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!