More AstraZeneca vaccine is coming, and JKJAV will announce a new opt-in offer next week! Here is what we know so far…
AstraZeneca Vaccine : New Opt-In Offer Next Week!
The optional vaccination programme using the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine was an astounding success, with all 268,800 slots taken up in just 3.5 hours!
But if you missed this initial roll-out of the AstraZeneca vaccine, don’t worry.
The National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, announced that JKJAV will announce details for a new opt-in offer for the AstraZeneca vaccine next week!
In addition, JKJAV will also announce NEW AstraZeneca vaccination centres outside of the Klang Valley!
As we revealed earlier, Malaysia will receive another ONE MILLION DOSES of the AstraZeneca vaccine, and the opt-in offer will be expanded to all other states in Malaysia, except Sarawak.
They will also ensure that those without Internet access can also sign up.
Because this is an opt-in offer, the AstraZeneca vaccine is given on a first-come, first-served basis.
This is different from the mainstream COVID-19 vaccination programme, which allocates vaccine based on morbidity and mortality risk.
So this opt-in programme for the AstraZeneca vaccine offers people eager to get vaccinated, a short cut. A way to get vaccinated ahead of the queue.
AstraZeneca Vaccine : Is It Safe To Get?
Many people are worried about the risk of getting blood clots from the AstraZeneca vaccine.
The fact is – the risk is incredibly small – certainly much, MUCH smaller than the risk of developing blood clots with COVID-19, which can be as high as 41% in positive patients, and up to 95% in severe COVID-19 cases.
Blood clots can also develop (through different mechanisms) with smoking and the use of oral contraceptive pills (OCP).
We created this table to better demonstrate the risk to you.
severe COVID-19 cases
|Up to 95%||45,238X|
in COVID-19 cases
|Up to 41%||19,524X|
|Dying from COVID-19 Infection||0.25% to|
|119X to 4762X|
|Thrombosis from OCP|
|Up to 0.46%||219X|
|Thrombosis from Smoking||0.18%||85.7X|
|Thrombosis from OCP|
|Up to 0.01%||4.8X|
So, is it safe to get the AstraZeneca vaccine that’s being offered to people age 18 years and above in Malaysia?
We can only tell you that the risk is exceedingly low. At most, 21 out of 1 million people who receive this vaccine will potentially develop this condition.
Based on the risk-benefit analysis performed by the EMA Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), it is obvious that for a high-incidence country like Malaysia, the benefits far outweigh the risks.
More importantly, that we are aware of this particular side effect, both doctors and vaccine recipients can look out for the symptoms and quickly seek treatment.
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Outdoor Sports Allowed Again!
- KL + Parts Of Perak, Johor, Terengganu Under MCO Too!
- Selangor Closes Schools + Ramadan Bazaars!
- Travel For COVID-19 Vaccination Do NOT Need Police Permit!
- MCO In Selangor + Hari Raya SOP Updates!
- More AstraZeneca Doses OTW, Open To Other States Too!
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Optional, Offered To Volunteers!
- When Can You Apply For Same Day COVID-19 Vaccination?
- No More UPSR + PT3 Exams Cancelled This Year!
- Raya Holiday Extended + Schools Closed For 2 Weeks!
- Sinovac Vaccine From Pharmaniaga Gets Approved!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 10 May 2021!
- TK Bakery Taman Segar : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!