Did Nike really make 666 pairs of Satan Shoes with human blood in each sole?
Find out what’s the latest controversy, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : Nike Made Satan Shoes With Human Blood?
Did Nike really make 666 pairs of Satan Shoes with a drop of human blood in each sole? Some people seem to think so!
Nike Satan Shoes Claims : The Facts!
Fact #1 : Satan Shoes Were Produced By MSCHF
Satan Shoes were produced by MSCHF Product Studio Inc. – a New York-based company – who created them in collaboration with “Old Town Road” rapper Lil Nas X.
Fact #2 : Satan Shoes Are Customised Nike Air Max 97 Sneakers
Satan Shoes are really customised Nike Air Max 97 sneakers. However, this does not mean Nike made them.
MSCHF bought regular Air Max 97 sneakers and customised them with :
- sole air bubble containing red link and a drop of human blood
- bronze inverted pentagram lace emblem
- embroidered Luke 10:18 and individual numbering on the side
- embroidered MSCFH and Lil Nas X at the back
- red inverted cross above Nike logo
- new sock liner
Fact #3 : Does Satan Shoes Contain Human Blood?
Yes, but only a single drop in each sole, according to the Satan Shoes product description.
The clear air bubble under each sole contains 60 cc (60 ml) of red ink and one drop of human blood.
While some have suggested that Lil Nas X contributed said human blood, the blood was donated by members of MSCHF.
Fact #4 : Nike Sued MSCHF Over Satan Shoes
Probably due to the fake news circulating about their involvement with Satan Shoes, Nike sued MSCHF on 30 March 2021.
The Nike lawsuit, which was filed with the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York, stated that :
- the Satan Shoes were produced “without Nike’s approval and authorization“,
- Nike “do not have a relationship with Lil Nas X or MSCHF“, and
- “Nike is in no way connected with this project”
Their concern about being boycotted over false claims of involvement with Satan Shoes is apparent :
Nike is asking the court to immediately stop MSCHF from fulfilling the orders for those shoes, and requested a jury trial to seek damages. Notably, Nike did not include Lil Nas X in their lawsuit.
Fact #5 : Only 666 Pairs Were Produced
It is true that 666 pairs of Satan Shoes were produced. All but one were sold, allegedly in less than one minute.
The last – 666th pair – would be made available to a social media user, chosen by Lil Nas X from those who shared his tweet.
Fact #6 : They Were Sold For US$1,018
It is true that each pair of Satan Shoes were sold for US$1,018 – a reference to Luke 10:18 in the Bible :
Fact #7 : They Were Featured In Montero (Call Me By Your Name)
These shoes were featured in Lil Nas X’s latest song – Montero (Call Me By Your Name).
In the music video, he can be seen sliding down a stripper pole from Heaven to Hell, wearing a pair of these Satan Shoes.
- MKN : Work From Home Ends For CMCO Areas!
- CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes Until 14 April 2021!
- Pastor Valdeci’s Holy Milk Scandal Debunked!
- Phase 2 Of COVID-19 Vaccination Will Start On 19 April 2021!
- Register Your Domestic Helper For Free COVID-19 Vaccine!
- No Immigration Op, But Always Carry Passport In Malaysia!
- Concrete Block Fell Off Lorry, Not SUKE Highway!
- LEGOLAND Malaysia : Closed After Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- SJKC Damansara : One Student Positive, Class To Continue
- Pub + Nightclub Fine Quietly Cut To RM5K + RM25K!
- Act 342 COVID Fines : What You Need To Know!
- RM500K “Insurance” Against COVID-19 Vaccine Injury!
- Malaysia Buys 18.9M More Pfizer + Sinovac Vaccine Doses!
- Another SUKE Highway Disaster : Launcher Crane Collapses!
- Warning : CEM014 Eggs May Have Salmonella Enteritidis!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!