The rumours are NOT TRUE that a large number of NSK Selayang employees just tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Updated @ 2021-01-09 : Added the press statement from the Selayang MP that 80 NSK Selayang employees did not test positive for COVID-19.
NSK Selayang : 80 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
On 6 January 2021, a text message went viral, claiming that a large number of NSK Selayang employees tested positive for COVID-19.
NSK did not officially release any information, but Malaysiakini confirmed that 80 employees at the NSK Trade City Selayang were found to be positive for COVID-19 yesterday.
However, NSK did not close their Selayang outlet, which continued to operate as normal.
Selayang MP : Report Of 80 NSK Employees Positive Is False!
On 7 January 2021, Selayang MP, William Leong issued a press statement, stating that the report of 80 NSK employees testing positive for COVID-19 was false.
Kenyataan Media 7/1/2021
Dengan berita yang dilaporkan semalam mengenai pekerja NSK Trading SDN. BHD telah diuji dengan keputusan positif COVID-19. Laporan tersebut menunjukkan bahawa seramai 80 pekerja syarikat disahkan dengan keputusan positif. Saya telah menghubungi Pengurus Besar Datuk Lim untuk mendapat maklumat yang lebih lanjut, beliau memberitahu bahawa berita tersebut adalah palsu. Pekerja-pekerja NSK Trading SDN.BHD telah mengikut syarat-syarat yang ditetapkan oleh kerajaan, setiap pekerja telah membuat saringan ujian COVID-19 tetapi keputusan belum keluar pada masa ini.
Kami berharap semua pihak memberi kerjasama jangan menyebarkan berita-berita yang palsu supaya tidak melakukan satu ketakutan kepada orang sekeliling kita.
Sekian, terima kasih.
Ahli Parlimen Selayang
Here is our English translation :
Media Statement 7/1/2021
Regarding the news reported yesterday about NSK Trading SDN. BHD. employees who tested positive for COVID-19. The report states that as many as 80 company employees tested positive. When I contact General Manager Datuk Lim for more information, he informed me that the news are false. NSK Trading SDN. BHD. workers have followed government SOP, every worker underwent COVID-19 screening but the results are not out at this time.
We hope that all parties cooperate and don’t spread fake news to spread fear to the public.
NSK Selayang COVID-19 Cases : What’s The Risk?
If many employees were indeed infected, the risk to customers could be considerable, depending on whether the employees were customer-facing, and whether both customers and employees took protective measures :
- wearing face masks at all times
- maintaining physical distance with other people
- maintaining good hand hygiene
NSK will be required to conduct contact tracing, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
However, it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Genting Highlands Employees + Visitors Quarantined For COVID-19?
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- Mahkota Medical Centre Employee Positive For COVID-19
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : One COVID-19 Case!
- 513 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 6 January 2021
- Korea Plaza : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Tesco Ampang : 5 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG The Linc : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases!
- JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Cameron Highlands Businesses Closed Over COVID-19 Cases
- Chulia Street Pubs + Cafes Closed After New Year Eve Parties!
- Jaya Grocer KL East Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Village Grocer Sunsuria : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Island Medical City Site Shut Down After COVID-19 Cases!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!