NU Sentral just shared that they had the entire mall deep cleaned, after one of their employees was confirmed to be positive for COVID-19!
NU Sentral Deep Cleaned After COVID-19 Infection!
Shopping malls have to act quickly whenever news of an employee is infected by COVID-19, and NU Sentral is no different.
However, they took the extra step of sharing pictures of their deep cleaning operation. The Sunway Pyramid management team should take note.
While some Malaysian netizens are wondering why NU Sentral is not being shut down for 2 weeks, that’s really unnecessary as the SARS-CoV-2 virus does not survive for very long on surfaces, and can be destroyed by cleaning with soap.
We recommend that you follow the safe shopping tips recommended by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health :
- bring a hand sanitiser to sanitise your car door handles or any handles that you may touch
- wipe down all surfaces of the trolley or basket, and discard the wipe immediately,
- bring and use a pair of disposable gloves, before touching the trolley or basket,
- try to maintain a distance of 6 feet (1.5 metres) or more, from other shoppers,
- try to shop during off-peak hours to avoid crowds, and
- bring and use your own reusable shopping bags if possible
Official NU Sentral Statement On COVID-19 Infection
PUBLIC ADVISORY – NU SENTRAL SHOPPING CENTRE MANAGEMENT STAFF REPORTED POSITIVE COVID-19
The NU Sentral Management regrets to inform that one of our employees was tested positive for COVID-19 on 26 September 2020.
Ministry of Health (MOH) has immediately conducted contact tracing and all close contacts including employees of NU Sentral’s management office have undergone Covid-19 testing on 26 September 2020 and the first Covid-19 test results of the employees are all negative. Nevertheless, all employees are required to be self-quarantined for 14 days and they will be working remotely but can be contacted as usual.
We would like to assure all tenants, vendors and customers that the case is an isolated case and has been immediately attended upon identification. We are working closely with MOH on any further follow-up measures that may be required.
As a precautionary action, NU Sentral Shopping Centre has conducted a thorough sanitization of the whole mall area in accordance with the Safety and Health Guidelines issued by MOH on Saturday, 26 September 2020.
We will continue to undertake these necessary preventive and precautionary measures as the safety of our employees, business associates and members of the public are very important to us.
We kindly advise all of our shoppers to continue adhering to the SOP issued by MOH, practicing good hygiene, wearing mask and maintaining social distancing at all times.
Your safety and well-being remain as our top priority.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Sunway Pyramid Addresses Nike COVID-19 Case!
- CIMB Kota Damansara : NOT Closed Because Of COVID-19
- UOB Kepong Shut Down After Staff Contracts COVID-19
- A Driver’s Lucky Escape From A Falling Concrete Slab!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Did Canada Just Release Meng Wanzhou, HUAWEI CFO?
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Kashi Mining Company Scam Exposed!
- Fact Check: Somaliland Reps Wear Koteka To Taiwan Meeting!
- Fact Check : Correct Way To Wear Face Mask By GG Hospital
- Why LPG Gas Tanks Have Different Pressures
- Why Morgue Employees Won’t Get Cremated By Mistake
- Fact Check : Is Petronas Cheating At The Pumps Again?
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- BLM Protestors Attacked Abe Lincoln Statue? Not So Fast!
- Spot The Difference : Hong Kong vs George Floyd Protestors!
- US Protestors Breaking Into White House : Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Car Catching Fire From Hand Sanitiser Hoax Debunked!
- The Multi-Coloured Rosary Of Mother Teresa Hoax Debunked!
- Lim Guan Eng – Bitcoin Revolution Hoax Exposed!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD?
- This Man With Pink Wristband Did NOT Break Quarantine!
- Why Would Donald Trump Attack Top Glove On Twitter?
If you like this article, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!