The viral warning about an old robber targeting kind-hearted motorists in Penang did NOT happen. Here was what really happened…
Old Robber Targeting Kind-Hearted Motorists In Penang?
A training consultant in Penang went viral a few days ago after he posted about a close encounter of the criminal kind.
After spotting an old man slowly limping under the hot sun, he felt sorry for him and offered him a ride.
But when he opened the back passenger door for him, he claimed that “God showed [him] the signs of warning” – reflections off a shiny object that he identified as a BLADE that was hidden in his long sleeves.
He then jumped into his car and sped off “like one of the Fast & Furious movies“, just as the man was reaching for the car handle.
Needless to say, he thanked God for saving him from “being robbed or stabbed for cash“. He then urged people not to stop to help anyone walking along the road.
His post went viral, being shared at least 10,000 times. Unfortunately, that was NOT what really happened.
Old Robber With A Knife? More Like Old Man With A Watch…
Word eventually reached the family of the man who was accused of almost robbing the motorist at knifepoint, and a family member went online to debunk his viral claims.
The old man was no robber. He was just an old man with dementia, who was being treated at the Penang General Hospital.
While the motorist claimed to have actually seen a blade, the man was really just wearing a watch.
While his family is understandably furious about the false claims, it is likely to be a simple misunderstanding.
The motorist did not need to make a U-turn to offer the old man a ride – we should give him some credit for trying to be a Good Samaritan.
That said, he jumped to conclusions, and caused a non-incident to become viral.
Perhaps his religious convictions taught him to see signs where there are none. Or claim divine providence where none existed.
But maybe he just wanted to warn fellow motorists to be careful about a potential new tactic by desperate robbers.
He has since removed his post and apologised for it.
In any case, let this be a lesson to all of us – do NOT blindly trust everything you read on social media. We are often seeing only one side of the story.
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- Limkokwing University Hit By Teaching Permit Accusation!
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Illegal Chicken Processing Facility In Cheras Shut Down!
- Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD?
- Yamarico Tea Noodle Factory : Disgusting Conditions Exposed!
- FREE Thomson Hospital Flu Vaccine : Should You Take It?
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Disgusting Yong Tau Foo Factory Shut Down!
- Limkokwing : The King of Africa Apparently Has A Queen!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms…
- Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
- Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Fact Check : Chinese Man Attacked Over COVID-19 Racism!
- Fact Check : UNHCR Driving Licence For Malaysia
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment 😱
- How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During COVID-19 MCO
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!