OLDTOWN White Coffee just announced that one of their employees at their 1 Utama outlet has tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned about this new development!
OLDTOWN White Coffee 1 Utama : One COVID Positive Case
OLDTOWN White Coffee just announced that one of their employees at their 1 Utama outlet has tested positive for COVID-19.
This employee though has not been to work or entered the mall since 11 October 2020, when 1 Utama Shopping Centre was shut down for deep cleaning and screening tests.
The employee tested positive for COVID-19 today, 18 October 2020 – a week later, and is currently under care in a government hospital.
As a precautionary measure, OLDTOWN White Coffee shut down their 1 Utama outlet until further notice, to undergo deep cleaning.
All OLDTOWN White Coffee 1 Utama staff members have been asked to self-isolate at home, while awaiting instructions from the Ministry of Health for a second round of COVID-19 tests.
Individuals who had possible or close contact with OLDTOWN employees have been identified and asked to self-isolate for 14 days, in accordance with MOH guidelines.
OLDTOWN White Coffee 1 Utama COVID-19 Case : Should You Be Concerned?
No, there does NOT appear to be any cause for concern.
The employee was tested while 1 Utama was shut down for cleaning and sanitising. So no customers were in close contact.
Since only those who had negative COVID-19 tests were allowed to work, they are unlikely to be a risk, unless they came into close contact with the affected employee after their test swabs were taken.
These shopping mall infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
Most important of all – we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
But the best method to avoid getting infected? Staying at home and limiting your exposure to other people.
Update On Utama Cluster
On 18 October 2020, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 6 new cases in the Utama Cluster, which originated with a security guard at the 1 Utama Shopping Centre.
Total Screen : 846 individuals
New Cases Detected : 6
Total Cases Detected : 183
Under Treatment : 182
Discharged : 1
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- PJ Digital Mall Closed For Cleaning After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana : Staff Positive For COVID-19
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB : Official MKN SOP!
- MyGCC Confirms DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info!
- Menara Public Bank : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- Origani Staff Confirmed NEGATIVE For COVID-19!
- The Curve Deep-Cleaned After Staff Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Mid Valley Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Case
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught In Mahkota Parade?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Rotiboy Closes Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: ANGKASA : All Offices Closed After Two COVID-19 Cases | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Transit Officer On MRT Kajang Line Positive For COVID-19 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases! | Rojak Pot