The Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre just announced that their COVID-19 screening protocol caught a COVID-19 case. Find out what happened!
Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre : One COVID-19 Case
On 21 October 2020, the Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre announced that they “caught” one COVID-19 case through pre-admission screening.
The 48 year-old female patient was referred to a specialist at that hospital by a general practitioner on 20 October 2020.
As a mandatory precautionary measure, she underwent a compulsory COVID-19 test on admission, and was isolated while awaiting her results.
When they received her positive results in the morning of 21 October 2020, she was transferred to the Melaka General Hospital.
Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre identified their employees who were in close contact with this patient, and placed them under quarantine. They also closed the affected areas for sanitisation.
They pointed out that there was no breach in compliance, and they will continue to adhere to their stringent infection control policies and preventive measures.
As such, all clinical services are not affected, and they continue to operate as normal.
OMSMC COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected patient.
But since she was isolated while awaiting for her COVID-19 test results, there should be minimal to no exposure to other patients and visitors.
If you happened to be in close contact with this patient or any OMSMC employees who may end up testing positive, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
We would like to reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While hospitals and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the sanitisation operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
But most important of all – we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre : Official Statement
Here is the official statement released by Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre on their patient who tested positive for COVID-19 :
All Measures in Compliance to MOH SOPs To Contain The Spread of COVID-19
KLEBANG, 21 October 2020
OMSMC confirms that a patient has been tested positive for COVID-19 at our premises following a referral to one of our specialist for admission by a general practitioner.
The 48 year old female patient underwent compulsory COVID-19 test on 20 October 2020 as a mandatory precautionary measure upon admission. During the duration of her stay, the patient was in isolation whilst waiting for results and transferred to the Melaka General Hospital upon receiving results this morning.
We confirm that the employees who were in contact has been identified and placed under quarantine. The affected areas has been closed for sanitization. There were no breach in compliance and all necessary steps were carried out according to the Ministry of Health (MOH) guidelines.
OMSMC is committed to ensure everyone is protected including its staff, doctors, patients and visitors, and therefore will continue to adhere to stringent infection control policies and preventive measures as it has in its recent circumstance.
All clinical services is not affected and patients may continue with their existing care plans at the hospital.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Petsmore SS2 + 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls!
- Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : 3rd Outlet Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- 50 Employees At PROTON Shah Alam Positive For COVID-19!
- Rotiboy Reopens Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- SMK Simpang Bekoh : Closed 7 Days After COVID-19 Case
- What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana To Reopen After Negative Tests
- OLDTOWN White Coffee 1 Utama : One COVID Positive Case
- PJ Digital Mall Closed For Cleaning After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!