Find out how to apply for a MySejahtera digital vaccination certificate if you received your COVID-19 vaccine overseas!
MySejahtera Digital Vaccination Certificate For Overseas Vaccine?
Everyone who gets vaccinated in Malaysia receives a MySejahtera digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate, as well as a physical vaccination card.
They are both accepted as proof of your vaccination, but the digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate is definitely much more convenient to use.
You can still use your physical vaccination card, but you will still need to show your MySejahtera profile for them to verify your identity. So it’s not as convenient.
2 Ways To Get MySejahtera Certificate For Overseas Vaccine!
If you received your COVID-19 vaccine overseas, you are in a pickle because you will not have this MySejahtera digital vaccination certificate.
Neither can you use your overseas physical vaccine card, as it is not recognised in Malaysia.
Fortunately, there are TWO (2) ways to get your overseas COVID-19 vaccine recognised, and obtain the MySejahtera digital vaccination certificate!
Option 1 : Walk Into Nearest District Health Office
On 5 September 2021, JKJAV – the Special Committee on COVID-19 Vaccine Supply – announced how those who were vaccinated overseas can get their digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate :
- Go to the nearest District Health Office (PKD).
- Submit evidence that you have been fully vaccinated overseas to the PKD officials.
This can either be a physical vaccination card, or the digital vaccination certificate issued by the particular country.
- PKD officials will verify and send the information on your overseas vaccination to MySejahtera through the State Health Department.
- You will receive your digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate in MySejahtera.
You can use this Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) directory to locate the nearest District Health Office (PKD).
Option 2 : Submit Through MySejahtera
On 4 October 2021, JKJAV introduced a more convenient option – registering your overseas vaccine details through the MySejahtera app or website.
- Open the MySejahtera app, and click Close on the default check-in page.
Alternatively, open the MySejahtera Helpdesk on your web browser, and go to Step 3.
- Tap on the MySejahtera Helpdesk option in the main screen.
- Tap option N – I have received my vaccination overseas and would like to obtain my digital vaccination certificate in MySejahtera.
- Key in your telephone number and email address.
- Select whether you had the first dose only, the second dose only, or both doses.
- You will be asked to fill in your vaccination details.
- Finally, you will need to ppload a picture of your foreign vaccination card or document.
Once verified, your overseas vaccine details will be submitted to the MySejahtera team, and you will be issued a digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
If you need a step-by-step guide with pictures, see How To Register Overseas Vaccination In MySejahtera!
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- New Interstate + Inter-District Travel Rules For Sabah!
- ALL Retail + Distribution Businesses Can Reopen In Malaysia!
- Interstate / International Travel Requirements In Malaysia!
- Malaysia Stops Reporting Daily COVID-19 Case Details!
- Malaysia Lost Apricot Subsea Cable Project Due To Cabotage!
- Who Erected This NSFW Slide At A Children’s Playground?!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!