Two Panasonic factories in Shah Alam were shut down after 116 workers there tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned!
Two Panasonic Factories Closed After 116 Workers Gets COVID-19!
Panasonic Malaysia informed Bursa Malaysia earlier today that they closed both their factories in Shah Alam after 116 COVID-19 cases were detected there.
The Petaling District Health Office advised them to cease operations after a recent screening operation of their 2,137 employees revealed those 116 cases.
Both Panasonic Shah Alam factories will be shut down for 3 days – from 21 December until 23 December 2020, to allow for disinfection and deep cleaning operations.
Panasonic : Official Statement On COVID-19 Cases
Here is the official Panasonic announcement on the COVID-19 positive case at their Shah Alam factories :
The Company wishes to inform that some of the staff at both its manufacturing facilities in Shah Alam has been confirmed COVID-19 positive after the Company conducted a recent screening. The Petaling District Health office has advised to cease operations for the time being until further notices. The Company has decided to close its facilities from 21 to 23 December 2020 to allow the disinfection specialist to carry out their work.
The Company had completed full screening of about 2,137 workers and employees and only 116 were found to be affected.The safety and well-being of our workers and employees as well as our community is of our utmost priority towards containing the situation. The Company has and will continue to adhere to the COVID-19 preventive standard operating procedures (SOPs) on a stringent basis. Disinfection exercises at our manufacturing premises and workers’ accommodation have been conducted regularly, with all the necessary precautionary measures strictly in place.
Panasonic COVID-19 Cases : Should You Be Concerned?
There is no need to be concerned, unless you supply goods to either Panasonic factories in Shah Alam, or are in close contact with their employees.
There is no evidence that COVID-19 can spread through fomites – contaminated objects. So there is NO NEED to worry that you can get infected through Panasonic products.
Panasonic Malaysia and the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) are definitely conducting contact tracing of the affected employees. Those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine, and get tested for COVID-19.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 438 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 21 December 2020
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- Arte Cheras : Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan With 163 Cases!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Case! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 101565 Cases, 82540 Healed, 449 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 105096 Cases, 84411 Healed, 452 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lie : Doctor Infected! | Rojak Pot