Parkson Elite at 1 Utama shut down today after one of their Beauty Advisors tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and the measures they took to mitigate the risk to their customers and other employees!
Parkson 1 Utama : Shut Down After COVID-19 Infection!
The Parkson Elite departmental store in 1 Utama was closed today, after Estee Lauder informed them that one of their Beauty Advisors tested positive for COVID-19.
The Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor, who worked at the Cosmetic & Fragrance department on the Ground Floor of Parkson Elite, tested positive yesterday (Wednesday, 7 October 2020).
Parkson 1 Utama : What Measures Did They Take?
Parkson did not mention when or how long the Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor was working prior to being tested positive.
But they are already working with the 1 Utama management team and MOH to trace close contacts.
That is why it is so critical that everyone log their movements using MySejahtera or a physical logbook.
On their part, Parkson closed their store today for a cleaning and sanitisation exercise, as per MOH guidelines, and will only reopen tomorrow, with a fresh new team.
Parkson is also sending all of their 1 Utama store staff for COVID-19 testing, and they will undergo a 14-day self-quarantine.
Parkson 1 Utama : Official Statement On COVID-19 Infection
Here is the official statement by Parkson Elite at 1 Utama on this new COVID-19 infection :
Together, we are facing truly unprecedented times this year. And with the resurgence of COVID-19 cases recently, we are finding ourselves in a difficult situation.
Sadly, we have received confirmation from Estee Lauder that one of their Beauty Advisors who had worked at our Cosmetics & Fragrance department on the G Floor of Parkson Elite 1 Utama had tested positive for COVID-19 (on Wed, 7 Oct 2020).
We had proceeded to close our Parkson Elite 1 Utama store for a thorough cleansing and sanitization exercise in accordance with the procedures issued by MoH.
Our store will remain temporarily closed today to mitigate the risk of infection and reopens tomorrow with a fresh new team.
Meanwhile our store staff will undergo COVID-19 testing as well as 14 days self-quarantine.
At the same time, we are also working closely with the 1 Utama Shopping Mall management team and the MoH on contact tracing to speedily trace those who might have been in contact.
Stay strong everyone, together we can get through this. Please take care and stay safe.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Fitness First Setia City Mall : COVID-19 Infection Confirmed
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Klang, Sandakan, Papar + Tuaran : Lock Down On 9 October!
- 1 Utama : Update On Mac City After COVID-19 Infection!
- Sime Darby HQ Shut Down Because Of COVID-19
- SMK Taman Sea : Teacher Tested Positive For COVID-19?
- Tung Shin Hospital : 5 Patients Test Positive For COVID-19
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught In Mahkota Parade?
- Kota Kinabalu, Penampang, Putatan To Lock Down On 7 Oct!
- Paradigm Mall : Brands Outlet Staff Infected With COVID-19!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Disgusting Bread Factory @ Taman Gembira Shut Down!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- NU Sentral Deep Cleaned After COVID-19 Infection!
- Sunway Pyramid Addresses Nike COVID-19 Case!
- IMR Finds D614G Mutation In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- A Driver’s Lucky Escape From A Falling Concrete Slab!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Kashi Mining Company Scam Exposed!
- Why LPG Gas Tanks Have Different Pressures
- Why Morgue Employees Won’t Get Cremated By Mistake
- Fact Check : Is Petronas Cheating At The Pumps Again?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: 1 Utama Shut Down, Visitors Advised To Screen For COVID-19 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 14722 Cases, 10707 Healed, 152 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Bangsar Shopping Centre : Closed For COVID-19 Cleaning! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: MBSB Sultan Ismail : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Entire Sabah Under CMCO Lockdown Starting 13 October! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Curve Deep-Cleaned After Staff Positive For COVID-19 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: KL, Selangor, Putrajaya : CMCO Lockdown On 14 October! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : What's Allowed + Not Allowed | Rojak Pot
Pingback: These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
Pingback: Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 1 Utama Cluster : Only 22 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 18758 Cases, 12259 Healed, 176 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya Ver. 8 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID? 😱 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1 | The Rojak Pot