This hoax about an evangelical pastor in Brazil dispensing holy milk to female followers is still circulating, even after we debunked it years ago.
Let’s take a fresh look at this holy milk hoax, because holy cow… people are still so gullible!
The Brazilian Pastor’s Holy Milk Hoax
This viral news has been circulating in several forms over the years. And it keeps getting shared as something new.
Many people just share the pictures, with some comments about the pastor offering his female parishioners his holy milk.
This is the “full version” that some are sharing, and is being posted on various “viral websites”.
Most just nodded sagely, or tutted in righteous disgust, before hitting the Share or Forward button. After all, that is how depraved and stupid the Brazilians really are… right?
Unfortunately, the joke is really on everyone who shared it, because IT IS NOT TRUE.
How Do You Know Pastor Valdeci’s Holy Milk Is Fake?
Every time I debunk some stupid hoax, there will always be people who demand to know – how do you know Pastor’s Valdeci’s holy milk scandal is fake?
I will be the first to admit that I have never been to Brazil, or even been in contact with any Brazilian pastor, much less holy milk.
But you don’t need to be an expert on leprechauns to know that they don’t exist, do you? 😀
Let’s just see what the facts are, shall we?
Fact #1 : Sobrino Valdeci Picanto Does Not Exist
There is no Brazilian named Sobrino Valdeci Picanto as far as we can tell, much less an evangelical pastor called Sobrino Valdeci Picanto.
For an evangelical priest, he seems to have an extremely focused and limited digital footprint.
There are over 4,300 references to “Sobrino Valdeci Picanto” in Google and every single one of them referred to the same urban legend.
More importantly, none of them were from a credible source like O Globo, The Rio Times, or even tabloids like Super Notícia.
Fact #2 : That Lady Ate Grass, Not Holy Milk
The picture showing a lady about to puke her guts out, is actually a picture of a South African lady who just ate grass on the orders of her pastor.
In January 2014, Pastor Lesego Daniel ordered his congregation to get on their knees and eat grass to “be closer to God”.
After they ate the grass outside Rabboni Centre Ministries in Garankuwa (just north of Pretoria), he stomped on them until they vomited. Take a look at the pictures from that service :
Even though many South Africans criticised his actions, Pastor Lesego Daniel posted on Facebook – “God is at work and His people are testifying right now at the farm. TO GOD BE THE GLORY.”
Fact #3 : That Was Tiffany Six!
The “leaked video” does not exist, and the lady in the “screenshot” is actually a porn star called Tiffany Six.
The picture was a crop from a screenshot from one of her porn movies.
Fact #4 : It Was Just Satire, Folks!
This story was created by Victor Berriel of the Brazilian satire blog, Jesus Manero on the 11th of January, 2012.
The pastor in the original version was actually called “Valdecir Picanto Sobrinho“, not “Sobrino Valdeci Picanto”. Check it out for yourself :
So now you know… it was all made up! Now, SHARE THIS with your family and friends! 😀
- Register Your Domestic Helper For Free COVID-19 Vaccine!
- No Immigration Op, But Always Carry Passport In Malaysia!
- Concrete Block Fell Off Lorry, Not SUKE Highway!
- LEGOLAND Malaysia : Closed After Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- SJKC Damansara : One Student Positive, Class To Continue
- Pub + Nightclub Fine Quietly Cut To RM5K + RM25K!
- Act 342 COVID Fines : What You Need To Know!
- RM500K “Insurance” Against COVID-19 Vaccine Injury!
- Malaysia Buys 18.9M More Pfizer + Sinovac Vaccine Doses!
- Another SUKE Highway Disaster : Launcher Crane Collapses!
- Warning : CEM014 Eggs May Have Salmonella Enteritidis!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!