PDRM announced stricter interstate travel rules, but has just clarified that they are for social visits, not for work!
Find out what they announced, and what was just clarified!
Interstate Travel Limited Even More After COVID-19 Surge!
The Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Dato’ Sri Acryl Sani expressed great concern over the surge in COVID-19 cases over the last 4 days.
As a result, he ordered a further tightening of travel rules, specifically :
- Interstate travel is limited to these situations only :
a) for work
c) death (immediate family members only – parents, children, brothers and sisters)
d) to seek medical attention
e) for education
f) couples in long-distance relationships
- Any police permission granted will be limited to interstate travel from Monday to Thursday only.
Requests for police permission to travel on other days – Friday to Sunday – will not be approved.
Exceptions for this limitation will only be made for :
c) couples in long-distance relationships
- Interstate travel for social events, including weddings and feasts, are FORBIDDEN, until after Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
PDRM Tightens Interstate Travel For Social Visits, Not Work!
On 21 April 2021, Dato’ Sri Acryl Sani clarified that those rules are only for social visits, like hometown visits, to attend weddings, banquets, prayers, the coming Hari Raya holidays, and other social activities.
He said that the existing SOP of allowing interstate travel for work, medical treatment and education continues. All you require is :
- a letter of authority / work permit from your company,
- a letter from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI),
- hospital appointment, or letter from a doctor
- a letter from a school or educational institute
This tightening of travel rules comes just 3 days after the Inspector-General of Police ordered that travel across state lines be limited to 3 circumstances only.
In addition, the Deputy IGP also instructed the police to monitor Ramadan bazaars and night markets. If they are found to have ignored COVID-19 SOP, the police will ask the local authorities to shut them down.
Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
On 15 April 2021, National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister Khairy Jamaluddin announced that interstate travel will be allowed for those helping family members make it to their COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
- Only one person is allowed to travel across state lines to help family members make it to their COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
- For example, someone working in KL can return to Negeri Sembilan to take his elderly mother for her vaccination.
- That person will only need to show the vaccination appointment letter at state borders
Recommended : Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Tanker Hits Juru Toll, Spills 20,000 Litres Of Oil!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- You Can Ask To Vaccinate On Same Day As Your Spouse!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Police Limits Interstate Travel To Just 3 Situations!
- Public Bank Segambut Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Putrajaya Buka Puasa Picnic Did Not Follow SOP?
- Can Travel Interstate For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Private Hospitals + Clinics To Offer COVID-19 Vaccines Too!
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Closed Indefinitely Over COVID-19!
- MCO, CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes On 12 April 2021!
- How To Check Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment?
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : 2 More Cases, 2 More Classes Closed!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 26 April 2021!
- Employee Used Fake COVID-19 Test To Skip Work!
- Singapore Doctor Did Not Get Adverse Reaction To Vaccine!
- Did Painkiller Kill This Doctor After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!