Three innocent people have been victimised by the pedigree dog adoption hoax. They were both inundated with thousands of calls and messages from strangers asking to adopt abandoned pedigree dogs.
Please STOP sharing the hoax. SHARE this debunking article instead. Help stop these attacks against innocent people!
The Pedigree Dog Adoption Plea Is A HOAX!
Before we share with you the details of the three victims who suffered from this hoax, we would like to highlight that the pedigree dog adoption plea is a HOAX.
There is NO pedigree dog kennel being destroyed.
No one is giving away thousands of pedigree dogs up for adoption.
If you see the fake pedigree dog adoption message being shared, please tell them to STOP. Help stop the spread of this dog adoption hoax! SHARE this article with them instead!
First Victim Of The Pedigree Dog Adoption Hoax
Miss. Suzanne Tan is the first known victim of the pedigree dog adoption hoax. This is the message that went viral on social media and WhatsApp
Suzanne eventually traced it to a WeChat posting by someone with a Chinese name of 刘丽萍.
She posted this message on Facebook to try and stem the onslaught of calls and messages :
A Police Report Was Made About This Dog Adoption Hoax
It got so bad she was forced to make a police report. She also implored the public to stop calling and messaging her about these non-existent dogs :
Suzanne was targeted AGAIN in 2017, with a new fake message, with a more generic dateline. Needless to say, it went viral again :
The Second Victim Of The Pedigree Dog Adoption Hoax
In May 2016, a new version of the pedigree dog adoption hoax appeared, targeting a man called Bryan :
The Third Victim Of The Pedigree Dog Adoption Hoax
The third victim, Ms. Li Ling, was targeted on 10 October 2017, and targeted again on 11 December 2017.
This was the same fake pedigree dog adoption message that caused the other victims so much grief, just with her telephone number.
She wrote to us, asking that we share her message to everyone on the Internet. Please help to share this out!
People have such a short memory. Seriously… we debunked this THREE TIMES SO FAR, and they keep forgetting??? Please STOP sharing this hoax!
The term “Swatting” is used to describe the act of tricking the police or SWAT team (hence the name) into raiding the home of unsuspecting (and totally innocent) victims. Sometimes, this results in the injury of the innocent victims.
This intentional targeting of Suzanne and Bryan is not so ghastly, but no less malicious. This isn’t the first time people have done this, but it has been relatively rare. Maybe that’s why there is no term for it.
When I think about it, swatting refers to the SWAT team being used to intimidate or “prank” the victim. In this case, a mob of well-meaning people was used to disturb Suzanne and Bryan.
Since this is also a hoax, perhaps such a malicious act should be called “moxxing“. This is also a nod to “doxing” or “doxxing” – the research and publication of an individual’s personal information for the purpose of harassment.
- Kinder Joy Wax Coating Causes Cancer? Let’s Find Out!
- Does Sir Mean Slave I Remain? Let’s Find Out!
- The Hugh Jackman X-Men Comic Robbery Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For This Maybank Personal Loan Scam!
- The Secret Of Coating Fried Food In Plastic Revealed!
- Dabbing : Does It Turn Teenagers Into Devil Worshippers?
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked!
- The Famous Jesus Tree Of Lebanon Miracle Explained!
- The Canola Oil Bullshit By Anya Vien Debunked!
- The Zota Tissue Paper Tablet Scare – The Truth & Facts!
- Steve Jobs’ Last Words – The Hoax & The Truth!
- The Brazilian Pastor’s Holy Milk Hoax Debunked!
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Did Al Franken Get A Jew Call Warning Of 9/11 Attacks?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked
Go Back To > Hoaxes & Scams! | Home
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!