People are claiming that DAP built a Chinese Communist monument in Penang, and calling for the authorities to TEAR IT DOWN!
Find out what’s going on, and what the facts really are!
Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
DAP created a Communist monument in Penang after they took power.
Communist monument on Flag Hill in Penang.
What are you waiting for? When are you going to tear it down?
Do You Know?
In Penang, there is a World War II memorial called the Revolution Memorial.
But it’s full of Chinese letters and the figures are all dressed as Communists.
There is absolutely no information in English or Bahasa Melayu, much less Tamil.
When people say it’s racist, [you get] angry
This monument was built as soon as DAP took over Penang from Gerakan.
No, DAP Did NOT Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang
This is yet another political fake story, designed to incite hatred and racial tensions in Malaysia. And here are the facts :
Fact #1 : That Is The Ayer Itam War Memorial Park
That is NOT a Chinese Communist monument. That is the Penang Overseas Chinese Anti-War Memorial Park, also known as the Ayer Itam War Memorial Park.
There are two key monuments at this memorial park :
- a bronze-coloured army supply truck being pushed by three Nanyang transport volunteers from Malaya.
- a 45-foot tall white obelisk that commemorates the Marco Polo Incident that kicked off the Second Sino-Japanese War of 1937-1945.
The truck also has a number plate with the date 1939 on it. Communist China didn’t exist in 1939, so claims that this is a Communist monument is… idiotic.
Fact #2 : They Started Building It In 1946, Before Communist China Existed
Work on the Penang Overseas Chinese Anti-War Memorial Park started in 1946, and it was officially opened in 1951.
DAP was only formed on 11 October 1965, so the claim that it was built when DAP gained power in Penang is false.
Because the People’s Republic of China was only established in 1949, the claim that this is a communist revolution monument is idiotic.
It is also extremely stupid to claim that the figures were dressed as Chinese Communists, because Communist China didn’t exist when the monument was being built!
Fact #3 : The Memorial Park Was Privately Funded
The original Penang Overseas Chinese Anti-War Memorial Park was funded entirely by the Penang China Relief Fund, a Penang-based private fundraising organisation.
After the Penang China Relief Fund was dissolved in 1952, the Kong Min School was entrusted to maintain the memorial with an annual budget of $5,000, and an annual memorial service.
Fact #4 : It Was Upgraded For Its 60th Anniversary
The Board of Trustees of the Kong Min School decided to repair and upgrade the memorial for its 60th anniversary.
The RM 400,000 project, which was funded by private donations from various organisations and individuals as well as the Penang state government, included a 60 foot-long wall relief showing Malayan transport volunteers on the Burma-China road, and a peace column with flying doves.
When it was opened at precisely 11:11 AM on 11 November 2016 by Penang Chief Minister, Lim Guan Eng, politicians from both sides of the political divide attended the launch.
Therefore, the claim that no one knew about it, or that it was only something DAP would do, is categorically FALSE.
Fact #5 : There Is Information In Four Languages
The Ayer Itam War Memorial Park has information in four languages – English, Bahasa Melayu, Chinese and Japanese.
Here is the information panel in English and Bahasa Melayu, proving that the claim there is no information in both languages are FALSE.
- MCO 3.0 : Sarawak Sticking With CMCO + Some Changes!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Kindergartens + Childcare Can Open Again!
- No MCO 3.0 In Sabah, Sarawak May Follow Too!
- Malaysia To Come Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Nationwide!
- COVID-19 Vaccination @ WTC On 15-16 May Rescheduled!
- Kluang In Johor Now Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Too!
- Travel + Certain Activities Now FORBIDDEN Across Malaysia!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Golf Allowed And Then Banned Again!
- Penang, Perak + Pahang : What Areas Are Under MCO 3.0?
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Outdoor Sports Allowed Again!
- KL + Parts Of Perak, Johor, Terengganu Under MCO Too!
- Selangor Closes Schools + Ramadan Bazaars!
- Travel For COVID-19 Vaccination Do NOT Need Police Permit!
- More AstraZeneca Doses OTW, Open To Other States Too!
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- When Can You Apply For Same Day COVID-19 Vaccination?
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!