The piecemeal MCO 3.0 declarations continue, this time involving districts and mukims (townships) in Penang, Perak and Pahang!
Here are the latest details…
Penang, Perak + Pahang : What Areas Are Under MCO 3.0?
On 8 May 2021, the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) announced that districts and mukims (townships) in Penang, Perak and Pahang will come under MCO 3.0 restrictions, from 10 May to 23 May 2021.
Penang Areas Under MCO 3.0
- Penang Districts Under MCO 3.0
a) Timur Laut (North East Penang Island)
– George Town
– Paya Terubong
– Bukit Paya Terubong
– Bukit Ayer Itam
– Ayer Itam
– Batu Feringghi
– Tanjung Tokong
b) Seberang Perai Tengah (Central Prai)
– Seberang Jaya
– Sama Gagah
– Permatang Pasir
– Permatang Pauh
– Kubang Semang
– Taman Paus
– Bandar Perda
– Tanah Liat
– Jalan Betek
– Bukit Tengah
c) Seberang Perai Selatan (South Prai)
– Sungai Jawi
– Nibong Tebal
– Batu Kawan
– Bukit Tambun
– Simpang Ampat
– Sungai Bakap
- Penang Mukims Under MCO 3.0
– Mukim 12, Barat Daya (12th Mukim, South West Penang Island)
– Butterworth Town, Prai North
– Mukim 14, Seberang Perai Utara (14th Mukim, Prai North)
Pahang Area Under MCO 3.0
- Entire district of Kuantan
Perak Areas Under MCO 3.0
- Perak Mukims Under MCO 3.0
– Pengkalan Hulu and Belukar Sepang in the Hulu Perak district
– Hulu Kinta, covering Ipoh, Lahat, Chemor and Tanjung Rambutan
MCO Restrictions For Penang, Perak + Pahang
The same MCO restrictions announced for Selangor would apply to Penang, Perak and Pahang, like :
- Interstate and inter-district travel are FORBIDDEN, except for emergencies and work purposes.
- Travel because of emergencies require police permission.
- Travel for work requires worker’s pass or employer’s letter.
- Schools are allowed to open, subject to risk analysis by the State Health Department.
- Food premises, food trucks and food kiosks are only allowed to operate from 6 AM until 12 midnight.
- Food can only be purchased to takeaway, through drive-through or delivered. NO DINE IN ALLOWED!
- Grocers, convenience shops and pharmacies are allowed to operate from 6 AM until 10 PM.
- Petrol stations are allowed to operate from 6 AM until 10 PM, except on highways where they can operate 24 hours.
- Clinics, hospitals and medical labs can operate as usual.
- Daily markets, weekly markets, farmer’s market are allowed to operate from 6 AM until 2 PM.
- Ramadan bazaars are allowed to operate with strict SOP. It is up to the state to close them in MCO areas.
- Economic activities are allowed in all MCO areas, with strict SOP.
- Social activities are FORBIDDEN in all MCO areas – feasts, parties, weddings, receptions, anniversaries, etc.
- Personal recreation – exercise and sports – is allowed, as long as there is no physical contact, with physical distancing of 1.5 metres.
- Spa, night club, pub activities are FORBIDDEN.
- Theme parks, indoor playgrounds, family karaokes and cinemas are FORBIDDEN.
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Outdoor Sports Allowed Again!
- KL + Parts Of Perak, Johor, Terengganu Under MCO Too!
- Selangor Closes Schools + Ramadan Bazaars!
- Travel For COVID-19 Vaccination Do NOT Need Police Permit!
- MCO In Selangor + Hari Raya SOP Updates!
- More AstraZeneca Doses OTW, Open To Other States Too!
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Optional, Offered To Volunteers!
- When Can You Apply For Same Day COVID-19 Vaccination?
- No More UPSR + PT3 Exams Cancelled This Year!
- Raya Holiday Extended + Schools Closed For 2 Weeks!
- Sinovac Vaccine From Pharmaniaga Gets Approved!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 10 May 2021!
- TK Bakery Taman Segar : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!