Perlis, Sarawak and Labuan have just been upgraded to Phase 3 of Malaysia’s National Recovery Plan (PPN)!
Here is what we know so far!
Perlis, Sarawak, Labuan Upgraded To PPN Phase 3!
On 2 August 2021, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Muhyiddin Yassin, announced that Perlis, Sarawak and Labuan will be upgraded to Phase 3 of Malaysia’s National Recovery Plan (PPN) on Wednesday, 4 August 2021.
The announcement was brief and had no other details, but based on previous announcements, states must meet these requirements to qualify for Phase 3 :
- average daily new COVID-19 cases must be <2,000
- comfortable healthcare system / ICU capacity
- 40% population vaccinated with second dose
Read more : Malaysia National Recovery Plan : 20 July 2021 Edition!
Perlis, Sarawak, Labuan Phase 3 : SOP Differences?
The government has not released any details of Phase 3 SOP, but it should be more liberalised than the current Phase 2 SOP.
- All economic sectors (except high risk activities) allowed to operate
- Industries with fully vaccinated staff can operate at full capacity
- Education, sports, and some social activities can resume.
On 27 June 2021, the MKN announced these details for Phase 3 of the National COVID-19 Recovery Plan.
What Business Can Reopen In Phase 3
In Phase 3, all economic activities are allowed to resume, EXCEPT for high-risk activities in the negative list, like :
- Pedicure and manicure
- Pub and night club
Beauty saloons are ALLOWED to operate, subject to strict SOP.
Creative industry are ALLOWED in Phase 3, for example – live events without spectators.
Inter-district travel is ALLOWED, but interstate travel is FORBIDDEN.
Up to three (3) people are allowed (including the driver) in public and private vehicles like taxi and e-hailing rides and personal vehicles.
Dining-in at restaurants is ALLOWED, but limited to two (2) persons per table, with physical distancing.
The reopening of the education section, including schools, public and private institutes of higher learning, training institutes and other educational institutes under the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Housing and Local Government and Ministry of Rural Development and other agencies are to be determined by the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Higher Education as well as the Ministry of Health.
Social activities are FORBIDDEN in Phase 3.
However, people will be ALLOWED to receive up to ten (10) guests or visitors at their homes at any one time.
Tourism is ALLOWED only within the state.
The reopening of tourist attractions will be subject to risk assessments, and tight SOP.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- 12 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In July!
- Law Enforcing COVID-19 SOP Valid, Not Emergency-Related
- COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Form Now In 14 More Languages!
- MySejahtera Now Has Digital Consent Form For Vaccination!
- Four Jaya Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 In July 2021!
- Jaya Grocer SS15 Courtyard Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Can You Get COVID-19 From Infected Raw Chicken?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!