Petsmore just announced the immediate closure of their SS2 and 1 Utama outlets after two employees at both outlets tested positive for COVID-19!
Petsmore SS2 + 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
At around 2:30 PM on 21 October 2020, Petsmore announced that two of their employees at their SS2 and 1 Utama outlets respectively, tested positive for COVID-19.
They immediately closed both Petsmore SS2 and Petsmore 1 Utama for “a thorough cleaning and sanitisation”, in accordance with MOH guidelines.
Both outlets will remain closed until further notice, or until they reopen with a fresh new team.
They did not mention the job scope of the affected employees, when they last worked, or the circumstances leading to their diagnosis.
However, they said that the remaining staff members at both outlets tested negative on their COVID-19 swab tests, but will remain under 14-days of self-quarantine.
Petsmore COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employees.
If you happened to be in close contact with the affected Petsmore employees, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
These shopping-related infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
But most important of all – we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
Petsmore Official Statement On Their COVID-19 Exposure
Here was the initial official statement posted by Petsmore on 21 October 2020 :
𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐃-𝟏𝟗 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄
We have recently received heart-breaking news that two of our employees at PETSMORE SS2 and PETSMORE One Utama Shopping Mall respectively are tested positive for COVID-19 infection on Mon, 19 Oct 2020 and Tue, 20 Oct 2020.
We had proceeded to close our Petsmore SS2 and Petsmore One Utama store immediately for a thorough cleaning and sanitization exercise in accordance with procedures. Our stores will remain temporary closed until further notice with a fresh new team.
Meanwhile our store remaining staffs underwent Covid-19 swab test and tested negative, as well as 14 days self-quarantine.
We’re working diligently to adapt to new circumstances while planning for the future. Our customers have always been the heart of our company. We’re grateful to you, your ongoing support, and that we are doing our part to flatten the curve.
PETSMORE SDN BHD
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls!
- Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : 3rd Outlet Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- 50 Employees At PROTON Shah Alam Positive For COVID-19!
- Rotiboy Reopens Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- SMK Simpang Bekoh : Closed 7 Days After COVID-19 Case
- What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana To Reopen After Negative Tests
- OLDTOWN White Coffee 1 Utama : One COVID Positive Case
- PJ Digital Mall Closed For Cleaning After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- MyGCC Confirms DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info!
- Menara Public Bank : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!