KKM just approved the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for use in children 12 years and older in Malaysia!
Here is what we know so far…
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Children In Malaysia!
On 15 June 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) announced that the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) approved the use of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in children 12 years and above.
With this approval, children aged 12 years and above will soon be able to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
However, KKM expressed their view that the COVID-19 vaccines should be prioritised towards the high-risk groups – like senior citizens with co-morbidities.
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer
The Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine (BNT162b2) is an mRNA-based vaccine designed by BioNTech.
Unlike more traditional methods of using dead particles, or attenuated viruses, the mRNA vaccine teaches your cells to create proteins that mimic the SARS-CoV-2 virus, thereby triggering an immune response.
Recommended : Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
- Malaysia Approves CanSino + J&J COVID-19 Vaccines!
- Warning : Viral SPM 2020 Grading Scale Is Misleading!
- PDRM : Who Is Allowed To Pass A Police Roadblock?
- Giant Kota Damansara : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
- RM2K Fine For Not Updating MySejahtera Status Every Day?
- SPM + SVM 2021 Examinations Delayed To 2022!
- PdPR (Online Learning) For All Schools Until July 2021!
- CERDIK Initiative Will Only Distribute ⅓ Laptops By June 2021!
- Did Pahang Man Get COVID-19 From Courier Package?
- Malaysia Approves AstraZeneca Vaccine By Siam Bioscience!
- MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 3 June 2021 Update!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!